Sorta OT: 44,000lbs of ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Sorta OT: 44,000lbs of ammo

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I picked up a load of ammo today that scaled out at 44,000 lbs, boy did i want to spend about 2 hours nosing around the trailer. It was a really hot load, (but not +P) so couldnt look around, plus security was fairly tight. Sure made my day tho :)
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Sorta OT: 44,000lbs of ammo

Post by Sixgun »

I hate it when you can't make any "fall off the truck" :D :D -------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Gun Runner
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Gun Runner »

While in the navy one of my duty stations was an ammo ship. They were getting ready to go in the shipyard for an overhaul. Before they were due to go in found out they were going out to sea for a couple days and dump a bunch of small arms ammo. Do you know how many case's of 30/06 and 45ACP you can put in the back of a 69 chevy station wagon? I know. :twisted:

Gun Runner
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Forty-four thousand pounds? That's almost enough--for any individual gun owner. Boy, I'm way behind!
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thought I was gonna read a "I got a good start today" post... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

And just where is MY shipment? I ordered that weeks ago!!! :wink:

Don't I wish (as long as someone else was paying for it!!!)...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yea, I found out not long ago from a guy I used to work with he was hauling mortar rounds from a place near us here. I didn't even know they made them here.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Gun Runner wrote: Do you know how many case's of 30/06 and 45ACP you can put in the back of a 69 chevy station wagon? I know. :twisted:

Gun Runner
Did you you also use the back seat , floor and passenger seat too? Do you have any left? How long did it take to use it up?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!