My 7yo and 9yo with their turkeys

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

My 7yo and 9yo with their turkeys

Post by Bitmap »

A few weeks ago I had them both out looking for deer and they couldn't resist taking some birds. That is turkey #3 for the 7yo and turkey #5 for the 9yo.

Here is the 7yo with his bird.

Here is the 9yo with his bird. He had on eye and ear protection when he shot the bird but left them off for the pics.

Here is both boys with their birds.

Here they are with the birds and their rifles.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Re: My 7yo and 9yo with their turkeys

Post by nemhed »

You're raising some good hunters there. To be honest, we don't wear hearing protection or eye while hunting.
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

nemhed wrote:You're raising some good hunters there. To be honest, we don't wear hearing protection or eye while hunting.
The risk of not wearing eye protection is too high, IMO. The cost cost of not wearing ear protection is also too high, IMO. Especially with the fairly low cost and high quality electronic ear protection available these days. Those Peltor Tactical 6's or Howard Leight (spelling?) muffs run about $70, maybe $60 if you catch them on sale. Radians makes a set of electronic plugs similar to Walker Game Ears that runs about the same price and has a NRR of 29dB. I kind of like the muffs because they help keep your ears warm.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Congrats to them both....and you of course
for raising them right!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Good deal ! What state do you live in that you can take turkey with rifle ?

I need to look into one of those game ears after shooting the 444 during deer season. Trying to connect on a coyote and after a few rounds my left ear was ringing.