OT: New 22 pump

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

OT: New 22 pump

Post by 3leggedturtle »

After all the thinking and looking, wanna know what i bought? A Rossi model 62A pump it has the 22" bbl. The stocks have been refinished but the metal looks almost new, with very little wear. I paid $150 for it. How'd I do.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: New 22 pump

Post by jdad »

You only spent $150, on a nice repro 22 pump, in great mechanical shape, and you're questioning if you paid too much? :shock:

Post the pictures
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Well i really bought it cuz it takes down. really dont know to much about them, Also the thing weighs about 4lbs. It is also so trim and light feeling
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I'd say ya done good.
NRA Life Member
L8agin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by L8agin »

Well there not making them any more as far as I know. It went from rossi to taurus and they aren't being imported as far as i can find. I paid 260 + shipping for a very nice rossi oct barrel 62 used and ain't complaining. See what they are bringing on th auctions. Enjoy
L8
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

3leggedturtle,

I bought one for $150.00, too! It looked like a brand-new gun, too. It is marked "LSI". I called Legacy, and they told me that they sold Interarms' leftover contract guns for a short while, about 8 years ago. Mine has that firing pin blocker on top of it.

...but, since I got it, around two weeks ago, it has been a jam-o-matic! :evil: Then, the top of the carrier broke! :evil: :evil: :evil: It is a neat little gun, and I am not giving up on it, but I am finding it hard to love, right now! :!: :wink:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Henry is building one too. in S,L, and LR plus another model in .22 Mag.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've heard the Brazilian guns are a bit uneven in quality but you can't say that about the Winchester pump .22s. The design is a treat!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Hobie wrote:I've heard the Brazilian guns are a bit uneven in quality but you can't say that about the Winchester pump .22s. The design is a treat!
The Rossi's are/were a good repro, but there is a reason why people pay a premium for the quality of the original Winchester.

Model 62 (1st year of production 1932) and Model 1906 "Expert"

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

You done good. I spent $125 for a used one a bit over a decade ago. Fun gun to shoot! :D