NOT OT:Buying spree

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

NOT OT:Buying spree

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Am going on a 3 day drive starting at noon today. Buying powder, primers, 22LR and 22Mag ammo and maybe a few rifles, My VISA is going to take a hit!! Anyone else doing/feeling the same way?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: NOT OT:Buying spree

Post by J Miller »

No, not really. The way I look at it, I'm not in a good place to stock pile such things.
Living in the city, in a rental house makes it very hard to move a lot of heavy stuff quickly.
Besides I really doubt there will be any sudden ban on anything. More than likely there will be a further incremental ban on this then that then the other.
So I have some time to arrange to put back what I might need.

No only that, but I don't have any plastic. I gave all that up years ago.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

not this weekend, but soon...
on my list - some high cap. Glock mags, maybe a new AR or Mini-14 and a few dozen mags, a couple more high cap. clips for my 10/22 also.

I am not too worried @ bullets, powder, and brass - yet....
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

I've been doing some shopping myself. Stuff that I had planned on anyway. I just made the orders a little larger.
Gunbroker, Midway, Powder Valley, Brass World all love me this week along with UPS
AQHA Life Member
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Like most, I saw this coming. Been beefing up the "supplies" over the last year. :wink:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Mich hunter wrote:Like most, I saw this coming. Been beefing up the "supplies" over the last year. :wink:
Yes, but didn't add to my debt. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Not really a spree, as I like to keep a good supply of rimfire and reloading stuff at all times. I did buy one of those evil assault rifles this week though. Still need to get a supply of hi cap mags for it.
NRA Life Member
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

I put the last 2 complete AR lowers they had at my local funstore on layaway yesterday. He sold out of the bare lowers Wednesday. :x I wonder why :evil:
Should have done it Tuesday, but never made it to the store.
It's not like I don't have any right now, just don't want to be in the same boat we had between 94 and 04.

Byron
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I have bought one box of magtech in the last, like, 5 months. :?

The only way I could afford an EBR is if I traded both my rugers, and that(laughing hysterically) will not happen anytime soon.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

i bought .22 ammo, bullets for .357/.38, primers for .357 and .45 acp, not to mention a couple of firearms - see other threads for that
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Just recieved six Glock 17 mags and three Glock 20 mags, that makes 10 mags for each Glock. I figure 10 mags per pistol and 20 mags per rifle should hold me for the rest of my days. Still need 5 more Galil mags though.
I have collected all the bottom feeders and EBR I'll ever need or want.
I hope the Dems don't go for another ban, but I'm sure they wont be able to help themselves :evil:
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

More likely to be selling than buying; have accumulated leverguns and debt, but held on to some EBR's that when the price goes up enough I may part with.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Never ever let myself get low, so no need to drive the prices up by buying now.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I saw this coming early in 07 so I bought heavy last year. Powder, primers, brass, bullets, hi-cap mags and loaded ammo. I still buy loaded ammo every payday, usually .22lr or shot shells.

I foresee much higher taxes on ammo and components. Maybe they can't get our guns but they can ammo and mags.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

I believe that "they" will first go after automatic pistols. In California, we are limited to buying one handgun every 30 days. SOoooo.... I'm picking out a .22 rimfire, a 9mm and a .45ACP between now and January 20, 2009.
44LVR
Member Emeritus

Post by 44LVR »

I've been worried this could happen for about 2 years. Started buying a little here and a little there to add to the larder. Everytime I went to town, I'd buy something whether a brick of 22's or a jug of powder. While I'll never feel like i have 'enough', I'm not worried about my personal supply.

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” Ronald Reagan
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I have "accumulated" for over 50 years. If I aint got it, I dont need it.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Good call. I know this is not the place for political posts, but I can just hear the NRA telling some gun owners dumb enough to drink the Obama kool-aid, "I told you so".

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4227

Buy now friends - while you can...
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Since I don't buy Pepsi and cigarettes any more it's amazing how much cash and change I accumulate without that stuff, not to mention the health benefits. So with the extra dough I've been buying continuously for the last few years. Primers here, powder there, 22lr almost every trip to a wal mart, etc...
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

A supplier my former FFL dealer bought from emailed him with sales info since the election $685000 and the owner of cheaper than dirt has sold $180000 in ammo and supplies since the gun grabber from illinois was elected.I told friends to check http://www.bivwak.com for nosler blems in fact I noticed nosler 30 cal 180gr partition blems up for bid with 68 bags available holding 50 bullets plus many more calibers
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Guns? Officer? what guns? :wink:
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

scr83jp wrote:A supplier my former FFL dealer bought from emailed him with sales info since the election $685000 and the owner of cheaper than dirt has sold $180000 in ammo and supplies since the gun grabber from illinois was elected.
Correction; CTD is doing $101,000 in business EACH DAY.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

My pre-election buying spree was non-political, based on availability of things I had been seeking for a while, a couple of new Marlin 1894 lever rifles in .357, and a good all-stainless-steel pre-keyhole J-frame Bodyguard. The 1894C was bought outright with money accrued by working hurricane-related overtime, and the 1894CB and M649 were put on layaway.

After the election, I picked up another 20-round Mini-14 magazine, because it was available, I had been intending to get another one for quite awhile, and did not want to wait until they were all snapped up by speculators. Yesterday, I picked up a custom fighting shotgun, trading away a useless (to me) high-end AR rifle for it. It seemed to be a good time to dump a black rifle for something useful.

I reckon that next payday, I will look into another magazine and perhaps some primers. Nothing frantic.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

well didnt do the buying i thought i would do. On top of it didnt even use my VISA all weekend, only bought 5# powder, 500 22LR and 250 22mag. Couldnt find a rifle or shotgun i really wanted. but still have 2 days left to think about it.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

Just a follow-up - I ordered 3 new Glock 23 high cap mags yesterday and some rimfire ammo.

Also - looked on Gunbroker for an AR-15 stripped lower receiver and it seems we (on this board) are not alone with our thinking that the new Admin. will limit some sales in the future... The price on a plain lower receiver seemed to jump about $40 in the last week or so... I used to see them for $120 or so, give or take - now $150-$180 seem to be the going price... Both Midway and Brownells are sold out... At least us gun buyers are supporting the falling economy
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I stopped by a little shop nearby yesterday.

One gun left with a detachable mag. A very well used SKS w/ a 30 round mag for $375 on consignment.
Figure it will be there for awhile.
Bought a pound of Varget and went on my way.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

yes - about 20 million people are with you - buying stuff they think will be likely banned... or hard to get.

I did buy my M1 Carbine just before the election - and some mags and reloading compents.... and I did order some additional bullets, power and primers.

But I'm done. I've got much more than I really need truth be told.

Instead, I'm selling some excess inventory off - taking advantage of the increase interest and prices right now :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I now have all the guns I want, but I am buying ammo when I can. I have a few hundred rounds for everything centerfire, and am slowly buying more as I want to be stocked up a little further. I have noticed the Wal Mart I work at staying low on all ammo, the computer system to re-supply everything just can't keep up.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

O.S.O.K. wrote:yes - about 20 million people are with you - buying stuff they think will be likely banned... or hard to get.

I did buy my M1 Carbine just before the election - and some mags and reloading compents.... and I did order some additional bullets, power and primers.

But I'm done. I've got much more than I really need truth be told.

Instead, I'm selling some excess inventory off - taking advantage of the increase interest and prices right now :)
Only gun I could actually see me buying if I had the $$$ and it was available would be one of those Sub 2000's. That would be a great "under the seat" car gun.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!