Ammo buy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Ammo buy

Post by MikeS. »

Went into my local fun store today and stumbled into a good buy on .30-30 ammo. 10.00 a box for Federal 150gr soft point Hi-shoks I believe they were called. I haven't seen it this low for several years. Now my levers are happy.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Ysabel Kid

Re: Ammo buy

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Did you buy everything they had? :D
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Wally Word has the same in 150's and 170's for around $10.50.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Mich, not here it isn't, It's about 16 a box.

I did buy all he had.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Yeah, the wife took me in their to get the usual $100 loaf of bread :lol: and I happened to walk down to sporting goods. All of their Federal rifle ammo was sitting out on sale and the 30-30 was going for $10.50. Needless to say that usual loaf of bread suddenly jumped to $250.

Cabelas is also running a sale on it if you live by one, but not as good. If I remember right, it's around $12.50
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

That stuff was $9.99 1-2 years ago. It's $10.50 here as well, but the old thuddy-thuddy is still down and I passed on it.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Find some Rem. in .30-30! They've got a rebate on the first two boxes of $5 per box until Dec. 31st., so you can save some more dollars! I see Rem. .30-30 going around $12 a box, so that makes it $7!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

A couple of years ago I stocked up pretty heavily on the Fed 150s. I had a $100 gift certificate so I picked up all 11 boxes at Academy, then picked up the last 8 boxes on the shelf at another WalMart. All were $9.50 a box.

I finally realized that buying factory ammo was almost as cheap as reloading for it (considering the time and components), so I went to another Walmart and bought their last 10 boxes.

Out of my levers I was easily getting less than an inch at 100yds - and 200yds was less than 3".

If it shoots well in your rifles, I heavily suggest you guys buy all that you can afford of it.

Heck, even it only shoots 2" or 3" at 100yds I'd still buy it.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Saltcreek
Levergunner

Post by Saltcreek »

At those prices I would stock up big! Everyone is going nuts buying guns after this election. But friends, that gun's not worth nuthin' without ammo!. I hear more politicians wakin' up to realize if they control the ammo, they control the guns. Fill the ol' bunker with that ammo and components whilst you can. Can we all say "Chucky Shumer"?
Help your own self, the Government is to busy savin' thierselves.