THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL, BUT THE CIMARRONS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL, BUT THE CIMARRONS

Post by Terry Murbach »

ARE SO DELIGHTFUL.....
SO THERE WE WERE LAST SATURDAY ON JUDY'S BIRTHDAY GETTING NEW BLIZAK SNOW TIRES ON HER NEW VW JETTA WAGON [ DON'T LAUGH, IT'LL DO 160, 140 CRUISE IS EASY...] AND TAKING HER OUT TO DINNER ON HER BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE OF THE NICER RESAURANTS IN RCSD, THE FIREHOUSE. BY THE WAY WHEN I ASKED WHAT SHE WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS SHE TOLD ME " BLIZAK SNOW TIRES." OKAY.......
SO AFTER WE HAD A WONDERFUL DINNER AND WERE WELL TANKED UP ON THE FIREHOUSES WONDERFUL HOME BREWED BEER I SUGGESTED WE WALK DOWN TO FIRST STOP TO SEE ALL THE GUNS. WE ARE NOT IN THERE A MINUTE WHEN I WALK BACK OF THE COUNTER TO LOOK AT SOMETHING ELSE WITH A LEVER WHEN I REALIZE THE RIFLE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME IS A ' 73 RIFLE, A CIMARRON SPORTING RIFLE TO BE EXACT, AND IT IS A BEAUTY WITH SUBTLE COLORCASE HARDENING AND AN EQUALLY SUBTLE OIL FINISH ON A BUTTSTOCK WITH FIDDLE BACK THROUGH THE GRIP AND SOME BURL IN THE STOCK. IT IS IN 357MAG, NOT MY FIRST CHOISE AS I HAVE THREE LEVER CARBINES IN 357, BUT WHO AM I TO ARGUE WITH THE 700 BUX PRICE. IT TURNS OUT IT IS USED BUT LOOKS SPOTLESS NEW TO ME INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OTHER THAN A TINY MARK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BUTTSTOCK. OKAY MIKE, GET OUT THE PAPERS AND HAVE YOUR WAY WITH ME.
BOYS, I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THIS ' 73 RIFLE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE AN ORIGINAL WINCHESTER IT IS SPOOKY.
AFTER WE GOT HOME I LAYED IT ACROSS THE ARMS OF A CHAIR IN THE LIVING ROOM JUST SO I COULD ADMIRE IT EVERY TIME I WALK BY; IT IS STILL THERE.....OOOOOOOOHHH IT MAKES MY DOBBER QUIVER LOOKIN' AT IT.

PS: JUDY'S CAR WAS SET UP TO RUN THE AUTOBAHN. IT HAS A RACING DIESEL IN IT, WILL HIT 100 IN THIRD GEAR, AND YOU STILL HAVE FOURTH AND FIFTH GEAR TO GO. WHAT A CAR !!!! IT EATS UP BIG DIESEL PICKUPS ON THE HILLS. I REALLY HAVE TO BE CAREFUL AS IT GOES TO 80 LIKE AN AMERICAN CAR GOES TO 50. IT IS ALSO THE FIRST CAR I'VE DRIVEN IN 27 YEARS IF MEMORY SERVES.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Sounds like you done good. I just have one question. WHERE ARE THE PICS? :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Congrats....
Now... go get your camera and post some pics....
of the rifle and the car! :D :lol: :D
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Yep, Cimmie 73s are neat! ....so where are the pics? :? :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Yes, pictures please!

Also, were those speeds quoted in KPH? When I drove a rented Audi on the Autobahn, all speeds were in KPH, not MPH.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

GEEZ GUYS, I DO NOT KNOW A THING ABOUT POSTING PICTURES HERE. IT IS WHY I AM SO HAPPY--IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!--AND A KEG OF GROLSCH BEER TODAY DID NOT HURT ANYTHING EITHER. :D

THE SPEEDOMETER HAS BOTH MPH AND KPH. I QUOTED MPH BUT IT IS MARKED TO OVER 250KPH ALSO. I AM JUST NOT USED TO THINKING IN THOSE TERMS.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Terry, ya sure that isn't Goesch beer? It ain't been made since 1884, but rumor or should I say myth now has it that it was some potent stuff!! Tightened ole' Mr. Diesel right up!!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats - but as stated, WE NEED PICTURES! Darn cruel of you not to post them after that wonderful opening line!!! :wink:
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

Those Diesel Jettas are somethin', but that Cimmaron '73 will last longer. Maybe it's time to broaden your horizons and learn about posting a pic. 'Course I talk a big game, I don't have the slightest idea how to either, on second thought screw the pic, how about we all just come over, have some grolsh and lokk at it in person? 8) :wink: :D
Molon Labe
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

C'MON OVER LEWIS. THE GROLSCH KEG IS 3/4 FULL, THE RIFLE GLISTENS IN THE LIGHTS, AND WE'LL TALK TILL THE WEE HOURS.
MY WIFE HAS ONE OF THOSE FANCY DIGITAL CAMERAS BUT GETTING THE PHOTOS FROM THE COMPUTER INTO A POST ON A WEBSITE IS BEYOND ME SO FAR. I AM A SHOOTER AND ELECTROGIZMOS ARE BEYOND ME.
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Ben Franklin said that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! :D
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I told Terry that those Cimmaron's looked as pretty as young Elizabeth Taylor but with more class. They are just plain purty.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I don't like the Cimmarons. Not because of their shootability but because of the automatic oiling system filled with olive oil. It gets all over my hands, clothes etc. I like Rem-Oil- its made in the USA.-------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

Great story and great telling as usual Terry. They are REALLY nicely done rifles. Glad I'm not the only one that sets them out in high traffic areas so I can feast my eyes upon them at every pass. My Cimarron 1872 Open Top .44 has not left my desk since the grip frame came back adorned with one-piece TruIvory!

I've been lusting after them as well. Last year there was a gently used `73 Sporting Rifle in .44-40 in my favorite shop. It was charcoal blue with a half round/half octagon barrel and a button magazine. Even had a tang sight! Just couldn't come up with the scratch to bring it home. Have a feeling though that next year might see a Cimarron `73 Sporting Rifle in .44Spl come to Tennessee.
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Re: THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL, BUT THE CIMARRONS

Post by Warhawk »

Terry Murbach wrote:ARE SO DELIGHTFUL.....

PS: JUDY'S CAR WAS SET UP TO RUN THE AUTOBAHN. IT HAS A RACING DIESEL IN IT, WILL HIT 100 IN THIRD GEAR, AND YOU STILL HAVE FOURTH AND FIFTH GEAR TO GO. WHAT A CAR !!!! IT EATS UP BIG DIESEL PICKUPS ON THE HILLS. I REALLY HAVE TO BE CAREFUL AS IT GOES TO 80 LIKE AN AMERICAN CAR GOES TO 50. IT IS ALSO THE FIRST CAR I'VE DRIVEN IN 27 YEARS IF MEMORY SERVES.
After recently checking the prices of new pickups, to replace my '01 Tacoma 4x4, and having a sever case of sticker shock ... I decided to keep my pickup and buy a second car to run around in for work (my job requires lots of driving). I ended up buying a 9 year old Lexus LS400. Your comment about the Jetta running 80 like most cars run 50 struck a chord. That is exactly how I would describe this Lexus. Not to mention it's the finest, quietest, most comfortable and most solid driving car I've ever driven. And it gets 23-25 mpg in town and 26-28 on the highway. Curiously it gets better highway mileage at 80-85 mph than at 70-75.
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Re: THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL, BUT THE CIMARRONS

Post by gregg »

Terry Murbach wrote:ARE SO DELIGHTFUL.....
SO THERE WE WERE LAST SATURDAY ON JUDY'S BIRTHDAY GETTING NEW BLIZAK SNOW TIRES ON HER NEW VW JETTA WAGON [ DON'T LAUGH, IT'LL DO 160, 140 CRUISE IS EASY...] AND TAKING HER OUT TO DINNER ON HER BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE OF THE NICER RESAURANTS IN RCSD, THE FIREHOUSE. BY THE WAY WHEN I ASKED WHAT SHE WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS SHE TOLD ME " BLIZAK SNOW TIRES." OKAY.......
SO AFTER WE HAD A WONDERFUL DINNER AND WERE WELL TANKED UP ON THE FIREHOUSES WONDERFUL HOME BREWED BEER I SUGGESTED WE WALK DOWN TO FIRST STOP TO SEE ALL THE GUNS. WE ARE NOT IN THERE A MINUTE WHEN I WALK BACK OF THE COUNTER TO LOOK AT SOMETHING ELSE WITH A LEVER WHEN I REALIZE THE RIFLE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME IS A ' 73 RIFLE, A CIMARRON SPORTING RIFLE TO BE EXACT, AND IT IS A BEAUTY WITH SUBTLE COLORCASE HARDENING AND AN EQUALLY SUBTLE OIL FINISH ON A BUTTSTOCK WITH FIDDLE BACK THROUGH THE GRIP AND SOME BURL IN THE STOCK. IT IS IN 357MAG, NOT MY FIRST CHOISE AS I HAVE THREE LEVER CARBINES IN 357, BUT WHO AM I TO ARGUE WITH THE 700 BUX PRICE. IT TURNS OUT IT IS USED BUT LOOKS SPOTLESS NEW TO ME INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OTHER THAN A TINY MARK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BUTTSTOCK. OKAY MIKE, GET OUT THE PAPERS AND HAVE YOUR WAY WITH ME.
BOYS, I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THIS ' 73 RIFLE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE AN ORIGINAL WINCHESTER IT IS SPOOKY.
AFTER WE GOT HOME I LAYED IT ACROSS THE ARMS OF A CHAIR IN THE LIVING ROOM JUST SO I COULD ADMIRE IT EVERY TIME I WALK BY; IT IS STILL THERE.....OOOOOOOOHHH IT MAKES MY DOBBER QUIVER LOOKIN' AT IT.

Let me try to get this right. You bought a Cimarron made by VW thats 357 but is diesel . It bullet will only do 140 MPH ? Is that 123.2 FPS???
Terry this just is not right. :?: :oops: