Saddle ring for Puma 92 .44mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pullnshoot25
Levergunner 1.0

Saddle ring for Puma 92 .44mag

Post by pullnshoot25 »

So I kind of want to put a saddle ring sling on my Puma 92 .44mag but I don't know where to get the parts or how I should have it done. What is the process necessary for that?
pullnshoot25
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Saddle ring for Puma 92 .44mag

Post by pullnshoot25 »

BTT. No ideas?
Pepe Ray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pepe Ray »

Don't know why your being ignored. Sounds like a good question to me.
First ;There are 2 methods that saddle rings were mounted. The 'staple' method does not lend itself to hobbyist work. Imagine stapling a ring to your receiver! Nope!!!

The other type is as hole machined onto a threaded stud. The ring may or may not be included, You'll need to drill and tap a hole in your receiver.
Locate a threaded stud. There are 2 sizes. Try Winchester Bob.or Numrich(Gun Parts) . There are other sources but I can't remember their names.
When you've got the stud in hand you can determine the thread size and order the tap needed.
this is on my "to do" list.
Pepe Ray
Jesus is the way.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

I removed the SR on my Uberti 73 Carbine. As a Lefty it was always in the way of my shooting hand. Uberti's are drilled with two holes on the left receiver side. The holes are the same size and are positioned to accept a U type bracket that is threaded on one side. The U bracket is inserted in the drilled clearence holes and a single nut is attached on the receiver inside to hold the bracket. I am sure the 92 would be the same.

And no my SR is not for sale, I may have to re- install it if I ever sell the rifle. There are two 3/16" holes in my receiver.

They may look cool but are a PITA. :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30