Other rifles in 303 Savage?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Other rifles in 303 Savage?

Post by chadbr »

Is anyone aware of another rifle that was chambered for 303 Savage besides the 99?

Chad
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Other rifles in 303 Savage?

Post by hfcable »

there were some european single shots and combo guns and maybe the early savage bolt action? seems like there might have even been someone making a pump action?
cable
lozen
Levergunner

Post by lozen »

chadbr wrote:Is anyone aware of another rifle that was chambered for 303 Savage besides the 99?

Chad
I've often wondered the same thing. I've subscribed to Devine ans Amoskeag auction catalogs for many years, as well as constantly looking at guns on the internet. I've never seen one. I alway's thought it was interesting Savage chambered the 99-T [my favorite] in .303 untill WW2, 20 yrs after introduction of the .300 Sav, yet I've never seen reference to a Model 1920 or 1940 chambered for .303. I'd bet there were some uncataloged ones. Cartridges of the World says .303 is known in England as the 301 Savage.
lozen
Levergunner

Post by lozen »

I just asked this question over at Savage Collectors. Someone will know.