Crazyness: Using a lever ain't allowed, but Chem warfare is?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Crazyness: Using a lever ain't allowed, but Chem warfare is?

Post by Old Ironsights »

I've got a pigeon problem. Durn things have a nest in a recess on the side of an adjoining building and stuff on my car. Can't get to it via ladder. Can get to it (them) via Lever.22 & Colibris... but the PD frowns at me when I do that.

Because it's the neighbor's building I can't cover the recess with wire like I ought to.

So... what can I legally do?

Saturate the nest with Bleach and Ammonia via squirt bottle (one of each, in sequence).

Bloody Chlorine Gas a'la WWI.

I can't use a pellet gun or .22 CB, but for some strange reason Chemical Warfare agents are still legal... :roll: Go figure.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Crazyness: Using a lever ain't allowed, but Chem warfare is?

Post by jeepnik »

Notify the building owner, that if he fails to control his pest problem, you will be sueing him for the damages to your car's paint. Take photos and send them along to him. Some folks just need a bit prodding.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Have you tried asking your neighbor for access?

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

FWiedner wrote:Have you tried asking your neighbor for access?

:)
Yeah, I would think they stuff on his car too!!
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

I "heard" once about a fella who had starling problems. Lived in town and had many of the same issues as you. See these starlings would flock up and eat his dogs food every day. Well, this fella put out a pan of dog food one day with a whole box of Alka Seltzer crumbled up and mixed in with the dry food. Put the dog up and left it for a few hours. When he came back there wasn't a dead bird around. He figured that it didn't work. It was a couple of days later that the neighbor asked if he had heard about this guy down the street. Went outside one morning and there were hundreds of dead starlings under the yard tree. Seems they all died while roosting....of course this is just something I once "heard" about. :roll:

Ed
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

Get a blowgun. I have seen this done with pigeon problems and it is effective.

TomF
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, cities and their regulations. Had a similar issue at the SO with pidgeons. Several of us volunteered for "practice", but... we were told, no way, Jose. Contracted with professional exterminator... used poison corn... so instead of pidgeon excrement, we were innudated with pidgeons dropping out of the sky! :o
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Griff wrote:Yep, cities and their regulations. Had a similar issue at the SO with pidgeons. Several of us volunteered for "practice", but... we were told, no way, Jose. Contracted with professional exterminator... used poison corn... so instead of pidgeon excrement, we were innudated with pidgeons dropping out of the sky! :o
For those that remember the old show WKRP in Cincinnati: "With God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

I have "heard" of people with bird problems using chick starter and cement mix to get rid of birds. Just heard of it mind you, the rumor is that mixing the two together causes the birds to eat the stuff then when the cement hardens in the craw .......... well you get the idea. Don't know if it really works or not, just something I heard! :wink:
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

TomF wrote:Get a blowgun. I have seen this done with pigeon problems and it is effective.

TomF
A freind brought his blowgun on a float trip and before it was over I was nailing crawdads in the shallows with it. I think it would be easy to get a bird given the distance was right. Course, hitting anything is easy given the distance is right. :lol:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Andrew wrote:A freind brought his blowgun on a float trip and before it was over I was nailing crawdads in the shallows with it. I think it would be easy to get a bird given the distance was right. Course, hitting anything is easy given the distance is right. :lol:

I knew a guy who had a blow gun. Tried it out on the neighbor's cat. That was dumb, to say the least. But he wasn't the brightest bulb in the box. Anyway, ended up with kitty running all over with an "antennae" sticking out of his skull. That's all I recall of the story I was told, don't recall what happened to the kitty. The thing about a blow gun is that you've gotta hit 'em where it counts or you'll just have a skewered bird flying all over dripping blood on things. That's even worse than the droppings...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

At one time Cold Steel was selling big bore blowguns. Something like .70 CAL IIRC. You might check them out.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

When I was a kid I watch a National Geographics Special about Amazon Indians showing then hunting with their blow guns, and I got a brain storm and found some bamboo shish-kabob skewers and glued tuffs of cotton on the butt ends just like the Amazonians did and shot these out of my BB gun. They were surprisingly accurate with amazing penetrating power. Popped a few Tilapia in the backyard stream for crab bait, but when I shot a sparrow my joy turned into guilt in about 5 seconds. I buried that bird in the backyard, made a mini headstone, did a little prayer for forgiveness then destroyed the remaining darts, and didn't return to the idea for many years. Is this story relevant? I don't know but I feel better for letting it out. :D
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Asking the owner is pointless. Pigeons don't bother her and aren't over HER parking area...

This is the same woman who pulls up in front of the building and lays on the horn untill her employees come out to talk to her... apparantly the Telephone is too complicated. :roll:

There was a time when you could get strychnine at the co-op. Sadly, not any more.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Aerosol wasp killer... It delivers in a nice steady stream and will be something like the chemical equivilent of taking a bath in MEK. Consider lighting the stream on fire an "optional" upgrade. If they survive that, call Guinness.
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Slick wrote:Aerosol wasp killer... It delivers in a nice steady stream and will be something like the chemical equivilent of taking a bath in MEK. Consider lighting the stream on fire an "optional" upgrade. If they survive that, call Guinness.
They're too spooky to hit with anything but a rifle. I'm poisoning the nest and (hopefully) gassing the fledglings that are back in the nitch where I can't reach.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Slick wrote:... If they survive that, call Guinness.
The beer brewer or the record keepers? Perhaps both?
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

OI getting ready to go in...

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ya know, I thought about firing up the Phosgene engine, but safe dispersal is harder... :twisted: :wink:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

GANJIRO wrote:When I was a kid I watch a National Geographics Special about Amazon Indians showing then hunting with their blow guns, and I got a brain storm and found some bamboo shish-kabob skewers and glued tuffs of cotton on the butt ends just like the Amazonians did and shot these out of my BB gun. They were surprisingly accurate with amazing penetrating power. Popped a few Tilapia in the backyard stream for crab bait, but when I shot a sparrow my joy turned into guilt in about 5 seconds. I buried that bird in the backyard, made a mini headstone, did a little prayer for forgiveness then destroyed the remaining darts, and didn't return to the idea for many years. Is this story relevant? I don't know but I feel better for letting it out. :D
I always calm myself in these instances of pointless guilt by reasoning that if this bird outweighted me, he would tear me limb from limb before consuming my flesh raw.

In the end, he deserved it.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

[quote="don Tomás"]OI getting ready to go in...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

O.I., have you thought about a high pressure nozzle for your garden hose? A simple super high pressure small brass nozzle can be purchased quite cheaply at your local hardware store, and as long as the range isn't too great it will total their abode without having to worry about collateral damage, toxic residue, or how the local constabulary might take it. How long would you stay someplace where the neighbors kept knocking your house down every time you built it? :twisted:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

slimster wrote:O.I., have you thought about a high pressure nozzle for your garden hose? A simple super high pressure small brass nozzle can be purchased quite cheaply at your local hardware store, and as long as the range isn't too great it will total their abode without having to worry about collateral damage, toxic residue, or how the local constabulary might take it. How long would you stay someplace where the neighbors kept knocking your house down every time you built it? :twisted:
Thought of that (have the nozzle actually) but no tap.

And they have come back every time after "simple harrassment" using a long stick to poke at them.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

I have seen adapters for attaching a hose to your kitchen sink, or do you have washing machine hook-ups in your home? Since you already have the nozzle, it couldn't hurt to try. My neighbor's "boom-car" is simple harrassment, but it's not practical to leave just because of that, but if they knocked my house down...
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

This is an old office building built in 1893 or so.

With a lot of re-plumbing I might be able to get water from the bathroom, but the pressure sucks.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!