Sportsman Warehouse opened here today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Sportsman Warehouse opened here today.

Post by Bullard4075 »

Sportsman Warehouse opened here today in Billings, Montana. I went midafternoon after all the opening ribbon-cutting was done.
Alot of neat stuff. I picked up some castiron cooking stuff and just walked around watching the people. Cabela's is due to open here next summer so we will be hip deep in outdoor stores.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Sportsman Warehouse opened here today.

Post by Dastook »

The one I went to in SC had a lot of inventory, but prices were extremely high. Higher than Bass Pro or Cabalas and much higher than the internet. They were short on reloading supplies too.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
Rustolium
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rustolium »

Dastook wrote:The one I went to in SC had a lot of inventory, but prices were extremely high. Higher than Bass Pro or Cabalas and much higher than the internet. They were short on reloading supplies too.
I have had the exact opposite experience here in Boise, ID. Sportsmans has better inventory, more reloading stuff and is cheaper because they have Mil discount, even without, still cheaper. I prefer Sportsmans Warehouse, but I like the way the store is setup in Cabelas, they have a mini museum for Elmer Keith :D
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I order a lot of stuff through Cabelas. I also have one of their Visa cards so I earn points towards merchandise for any purchase I make on the card. I used to keep hoping they'd open a store here in Florida, then I got to thinking that if they did I'd have to pay sales tax on anything I bought mail order. Now I hope they build one in Georgia instead.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Bullard, where is that sportsmans warehouse located? I don't recall seeing anything last time I was up that way.

I used to deal with cabelas, stopping in at Sidney when I was thru there, but their prices have gone too high for me. I can get almost anything somewhere else for less, often quite a bit less. Fun to see the stores, but unless something is on sale, I don't buy much from them.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

When I lived in Colorado Springs, they had a Sportsmans. Great store, but prices are pretty high on some things. They used to have ammo sales and deals could be had. But they just built a Cabelas in Rapid City that I can't wait to step foot in. They always have a nice selection of used guns and you can walk around for hours. . There are pro's and con's to both. Cabelas is cheaper on most things and they have mail order unlike Sportsmans. But Sportsmans does have a 10% military discount acrooss the board on any purchase.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Dastook wrote:The one I went to in SC had a lot of inventory, but prices were extremely high. Higher than Bass Pro or Cabalas and much higher than the internet. They were short on reloading supplies too.
That's my expereince of the one in Columbia as well, Dastook. You can be pretty sure of finding whatever you're looking for, but don't count on saving any money. Although I have found a few small exceptions, in general for guns, ammo, and reloading supplies you can count on paying MSRP.
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

I frequently stop in at the Columbia store and find that the 30-30 ammo is cheaper than Bass Pro and Gander Mountain. Not a lot cheaper, a dollar or so. They do seem to be picked over on bullets for reloading. At least the ones I'm looking for. Bass Pro (NC) has nothing to speak of in reload inventory. As far as the firearms you probably can find it cheaper elsewhere. Not much different than the other big stores. I did pay a few buck more for a trim length gage than buying it on line.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Malamute,
It is next to the Interstate at the "Zoo" exit (Exit 443).

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Billi ... de=ADDRESS
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper