Game meat from Canada

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Game meat from Canada

Post by TomF »

I have a trip planned to Alberta this November. Who among us knows the rules regarding the transportation of game meat from Canada to the US? I have checked the Alberta SRD website but found nothing or overlooked it. While I am sure my compadres wouldn't mind an extra whitetail in their freezer but I sure would like to bring home the steak meat. Worth it?

TomF
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Game meat from Canada

Post by foxtrapper »

I brought back bear meat from New Brunswick Canada the outfitter gave me a transportation tag. Showed my tag at customs no problems :D
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

You can bring back the meat,and antlers but no Bones, or skull. Meat has to be boneless. I hunted Manitoba 3 years ago, and shot a Big 10 pointer the last hour of our hunt. Had much work to do in a short amount of time.
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

Thanks fellas.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My son has regularly brought back his bear and Caribou skulls, along with the meat, over the last five years or so - legally.
Ditto, the bearskins with the claws attached.

I believe he has to fill out something called a "SIPES" permit, beforehand.