Anybody know this pretty lady?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Anybody know this pretty lady?

Post by FWiedner »

A while back I purchased the Model 94 she's holding from a forum member, and for the life of me I can't remember who it was.

I just wanted to say 'Thanks!', as it's turned into a fine little gun. I bought it for a project gun, and it now looks like this:

I know it's been a while, and I apologize for my poor memory, but...

THANKS!

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Anybody know this pretty lady?

Post by TomF »

I don't know her but I would like to know about the gun. Did you have the barrel cut/crowned? Replaced? If C/C'd, what is the diameter at the muzzle? I bought a '71 model 94 specifically for this type of change but have yet to move on it. Figgered it would make a good gun for the granddaughters.

TomF
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I remember the picture, but I don't remember who's pardner she is.

I like what you've done with the rifle. In the pic it looks parkerized?
NRA Life Member
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

This is a '72 Model 94, barrel has been cut to 16.25", dia. at the cut is .609".

Had it powder-coated because it has one of those un-blueable receivers. I've had it out on a few hog hunts and it's holding up pretty well.

As you can see I D&T'd it and put a set of XS sights, a scout-mount rail, and a 2.75x Burris Scout w/QD rings on top.

I pretty much like it.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
cavebob
Levergunner

Post by cavebob »

How do you find the eye relief on the burris scout scope?

Bob
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

It's designed to be a Scout scope, so it has an eye relief range between 8.5 -14 inches.

I just moved it back and forth on the rail until I found a sight picture I favored.

:)

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

btt

Nice rifle!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know whose wife she is. She is illustrated in the forumite photos...

After review of the photos I believe that's Mrs. Holly Guncase... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson