OT - Gun-free Zones Get People Killed (Op/Ed by Ted Nugent)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

OT - Gun-free Zones Get People Killed (Op/Ed by Ted Nugent)

Post by don Tomás »

Uncle Ted has some good words... in the Detroit News, of all places!
Tom

===============================================

Gun-free zones get people killed

By Ted Nugent

Here we go again. Someone tell me why, with nearly 3,000 articles written worldwide within 48 hours following the tragic slaughter at the Omaha, Neb. Westroads Mall last week, not a single article mentioned the most important fact of all -- that there were "no guns allowed" in the mall?

What helped cause the tragedy is the liberal dream known as "gun-free zones." Guns also weren't allowed at Columbine High School, Virginia Tech University, Luby's cafeteria in Killeen, Texas, and every other location where the wanton slaughter of unarmed, helpless victims is a virtual guarantee.

It is truly anti-American and downright bizarro that private property and business owners can deny (that is, "infringe" on) this "inalienable" right bestowed upon free men by our Creator.

Consider what happened last year at a Salt Lake City mall. An armed off-duty cop properly defied that mall's "gun-free" policy and thwarted a mass shooting that was about to unfold.

How dense must someone be to hide from this information? Denial runs deep in a growing population of "we the sheeple." For shame.

When did a nation of rugged individuals turn into helpless whiners, crying and running in fear from danger and evil?

When did we abandon our natural instinct to counter punch and attack evil, overpowering it and neutralizing it into submission?

When were we forced to dial 9-1-1, wasting precious, decisive time, instead of doing the right thing and stopping bad guys ourselves? When did we trade in independence for dependency? It's pathetic.

Every day in this country, according to the Department of Justice and other studies, armed, law-abiding citizens stop dangerous, violent confrontations from escalating into death and tragedy simply by having a gun handy to provide real "equality" on the mean streets of America.

Dedicated cops will tell you that they can't possibly be there to protect us. By the time the police show up, many innocents will likely perish at the hands of evil while good people hang around hoping and praying.

I would highly recommend that we finally learn from all these senseless tragedies. Get real. Get rid of politicians who support gun-free slaughter zones. Get rid of gun-free zones. Get a gun, learn to use it and do the right thing.

Bad guys should be shot dead, not Christmas shoppers.
Last edited by don Tomás on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Couldnt have said it better myself. We need more people like him that have access to the media to stand up and tell it like it is.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Say it, brother Ted!!!

Edit: This article moved me so much that I have decided to keep my pistol with me when I'm oot and aboot.

-Just in case.

Hey, I don't want to be in a situation where some maggot whips out a piece and starts firing on poeple and NOT have a gun to blast him in the chest and then watch him gurgle out before calling the police.
-I mean, while dialing 911.

I have no problem acting decisively on ANYTHING that demands a decisive action. I do things at work every day that require intestinal fortitude to overcome all sorts of mores and niceties of modern living to save a life, so why not stand up and act if/when some scumbag decides it's HIS turn in the spotlight in this scuzzy land of T.V. idol worship.
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

We need to seriously vote Uncle Ted into the white house. Lets start a grassroots movement.
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ted's one of the few outspoken pro-gun celebrities. Considering how many of the pond-scum-suckers in Hollyweird and in music make their money off entertainment involving firearms, you'd think more would step up on the right side. Hypocrites!!! :evil:
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Ted Nugent should hold a high place in public office. I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Johnny
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

The Gonzo can get on your nerves but he gets the point a cross another vote here for public office :!:

OUTLAW GUNS AND OLNY OUT LAWS WILL HAVE GUNS
model55
Levergunner 3.0

gun free zones

Post by model55 »

Isn't the Second Admendment just reaffirming something in the Consitution .If so when our politicans were sworn in did they not vow to up hold the Consitution?If they did this then attack the Second Admendent isn't that treason?I have to admit to not having taken the time to simply read these :oops: so show me the light here.Better judged by twelve then buried by six is all well and good but when do we stop babying criminals and punishing good people.We need all the Hanoi Janes out on their rears.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The right to keep and bear arms, like other rights outlined in what is commonly referred to as the "Bill of Rights", are inherent and individual. These are not collective rights - as some have suggested concerning the Second Amendment because of the preamble ("A well regulated militia..."); whenever the term "the people" is used everywhere else, it is accepted as referring to individuals - the Second Amendment is no different.

The right is inherent in that you, as a free citizen, are born with it. The state does not bequeath you most of your rights. The original intent was that the state existed to protect your inherent individual rights.

Oh how we have strayed...Image
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Ted is RIGHT on track. He is extreme, I like it!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I think I'll "write him in" on my ballot! :lol:

bogie
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Ted's one of the few outspoken pro-gun celebrities. Considering how many of the pond-scum-suckers in Hollyweird and in music make their money off entertainment involving firearms, you'd think more would step up on the right side. Hypocrites!!! :evil:
I couldn't agree more YK.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.