From the Confederate Yankee, Obama gets no photo-op, sulks

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

From the Confederate Yankee, Obama gets no photo-op, sulks

Post by Doc Hudson »

I got this in an e-mail from a retired gyrene. I thought y'all might appreciate it.

Doc

http://www.confederateyankee.mu.nu/

July 25, 2008
When Denied A Chance to Turn Wounded Troops Into A Photo Op, Obama Declined to Meet with Them at All
Why did Barack Obama cancel his visit to see wounded U.S. soldiers yesterday at Landstuhl Medical Center in Ramstein, Germany?

According to the Politico and the Chicago Sun-Times, the Obama campaign is blaming the military, claiming that the Obama campaign was told the visit "would look too political."

But according to MSNBC, Obama and his Senate staff could have visited wounded troops; he simply couldn't bring along his campaign staff and the media.

The campaign's response? They withdrew the request to visit the troops.

The official said "We didn't know why" the request to visit the wounded troops was withdrawn. "He (Obama) was more than welcome. We were all ready for him."

If he can't use them as props, it seems Barack Obama has little use for the military. Come to think if it, that is roughly how they factor into his feckless foreign policy plans as well.

Update: Spin away, fanboy. Greg Sargent tries to cover for Obama, citing what we already knew: that Obama's campaign staff (and the media) was prohibited from visiting the hospital.

It's a particularly weak attempt at deception, as it overlooks—purposefully, it seems—that there was precisely nothing stopping Obama from bringing members of his Senate staff with him,

or simply visiting the troops himself.

But Sargent also claims that Obama didn't bring his Senate staff with him.

Uh-oh.

So explain something to me, Obama fans: how can Obama go on his "look at me" tour of American bases with only his campaign staff, and not with any of his Senate staff,

and still claim his trips were part of a congressional fact-finding delegation?

If he only brought his campaign staff, and no Senate staff as Sargent claims, then I'd like to know if American taxpayers picked up any of the costs associated with his multi-nation,

round-the-world trip, or it was Obama's campaign alone that picked up the bill.

Update: HuffPo contributor Brandon Friedman also tries the dishonest route:

Barack Obama canceled a pre-planned visit to the troops in Germany yesterday after being told by the Pentagon that the trip would violate a Pentagon policy prohibiting
campaign stops on military installations. No problem there.
No problem, of course, except for the fact that flatly isn't what the Pentagon said.

Let's type this slower so that Friedman, Sargent, and the Obamaphiles in the media can follow along:

Obama was never told he could not visit wounded soldiers. In fact, he was told they were prepared for his visit.

What he was told is that he could not bring his campaign staff and the mass media. He had to go as a Senator, not a president candidate.

Once Barack Obama found out he would have to visit wounded American soldiers alone—guarded only by his massive Secret Service and State Department security detail—he balked.

Let's make that a bit more clear:

Barack Obama withdrew his request to visit the troops. He could have gone, but made the decision not to go on his own, without his campaign entourage.

It's so simply even a journalist could get it right... if they wanted to. ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ysabel Kid

Re: From the Confederate Yankee, Obama gets no photo-op, sulks

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Obama is an arrogant, elitist pee-ant who isn't fit to clean the boot of any of our brave men or women in uniform. :evil:

Can I say that here? :?:
Last edited by Ysabel Kid on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now that was a very clever move on his part wasn't it. Endearing to the troops I am sure.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Obama is an arrogant, elitist pee-ant who isn't fit to clean the boot of any of our brave men or women in uniform. :evil:
Can I say that he[re]? :?:
Probably not, but accurately reflects my opinion. :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Griff wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Obama is an arrogant, elitist pee-ant who isn't fit to clean the boot of any of our brave men or women in uniform. :evil:
Can I say that he[re]? :?:
Probably not, but accurately reflects my opinion. :twisted:
+1
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Can I say that hear? :?:

+one more
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

+ count me in.
"That'll Be The Day"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Plus 1 for me, as well. What I really think would fer sure not be allowed here.... :evil: :evil: :evil: He's an American hating PooPoo Head Fatherless Child :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That's a BIG 10-4 on Ysable's answer for me too.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Not afraid to jump in here with Ysabel.

+1 big one.