Speaking of LEER scopes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Speaking of LEER scopes

Post by H_Talon »

I need to scope 2 levers .

a 336 in 35rem and a 1895 in 45-70 they already have the XS scout setup and reciver sights by
Skinner. Awhile back I put a Leupold on the 45-70 .. broke twice so it's now on a 223 mini 14, I guess it's safe there :-)

I need to keep the cost down as I'm waiting for Z-Hat to get around to finishing a 1895 win for me, it's been a year and 3 months
:| :| :| after the butcher's bill on it I'll be broke for a while and then I'll need a scout scope for it.

any suggestions on the 35rem and 45-70 ?????

Thanks Guys and Gals, Talon
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Speaking of LEER scopes

Post by 86er »

Look at Leatherwood Optics Hi-Lux. Lifetime Warranty on their scout scope and it's 2X7X32. I've had one on my 86 will 2000 full power loads and it hold POI still. It around $150. Also, Ricky just purchased two NkStar 2X7X33 scopes. They were recommended by Leatherwood since Leatherwood was out of stock when he wanted one. The NkStars were only around $50 and they have a $15 lifetime replacement policy. If it breaks for any reason send it back with $15 and get a new one. Ricky has been shooting 405 gr at 1600 fps out of the guide gun 45-70 with no problems for a few hundred rounds so far.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Hey, this is great info. I just bought a Ruger Frontier Rifle chambered in .358. I have a Leupold scout scope on it now but would love an appropriate variable. I checked Leatherwood's web page but could find no info on their EER scopes. Please advise. Thanks. 1886.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

What am I missing? I didn't see anything about IER scopes there.

To the OP I'm surprised you had trouble with your Leupold, especially twice. Any possibility there is a problem in your rings? I've used one for a while on a Guide Gun and haven't had any trouble yet, crossing my fingers. I think Burris still makes an IER scope for under $200 but I haven't tried it.

I've also used a Simmons ProHunter 2x pistol scope, but it was on a .30-30 not a .45-70. It's minimum eye relief is almost too long for me. On a 336 it will just work when mounted as far forward as I can get it. On a Marlin 1894 the minimum eye relief is too long to work for me. I know the Simmons is low priced but I have heard of a number of people using it on .44 Mag handguns without any trouble so it might be worth a try.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Bitmap wrote:
What am I missing? I didn't see anything about IER scopes there.
Page 15, they are listed with the Rim Fire scopes.
Ricky

DWWC