A Quote, From The Marlin Firearms CEO

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

A Quote, From The Marlin Firearms CEO

Post by Pete44ru »

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/inde ... 62.60.html

"Guys,

All Marlin standard American Walnut stocks have the trademark Bullseye.
The birch and other hardwood stocks do NOT have the Buyllseye.
Some Presentation grade walnut stocks do not have the bullseye either......However, most do.

The American Walnut wood that is being manufactured currently also has the Bullseye.
I'll admit, I don't see every stock, but I have not been asked to remove the Bullseye from the manufacturing process, and I've not heard any mention of the Bullseye being dropped by Remington.

Could it be, that you were looking at hardwood, synthetic, Laminated XLR or camo stocks?

Tom"
Hobie

Re: A Quote, From The Marlin Firearms CEO

Post by Hobie »

Thanks Pete.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

I remember when that post started. Due to one of the posters, it turned rediculous pretty quick.

Anyway, I'm glad that Marlin has turned an ear towards the end user, and answered a few concerns about production/quality.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

My local gun shop got in an 1894 Marlin in 44 mag a few weeks ago with the walnut stock that does not have the bullseye. So, at least one made it out. :lol: It's still there if anyone wants it.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
MistWolf
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MistWolf »

Wouldn't break my heart to lose the Marlin Bullseye
I am American
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

That was from an employee of Marlin. Great guy & personal friend but not the CEO by a long shot.

This was sent from Marlin as a response to an E-mail by the CEO. Apears it was getting scrapped but they were persuaded different. Sure looks like theyre still very receptive to customers opinions.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/inde ... #msg289333

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Marlin Bullseye logo
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2008, 03:45:34 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove Split TopicSplit Topic
Here the official word about the Bulls-eye;

As promised, I wanted to follow up with you on the Marlin "Bulls Eye" issue which you brought to my attention.

Today, I spent most of the day at Marlin and I must tell you the initiatives underway to improve quality, speed up deliveries and modernise the plant were simply breath taking. The level of excitement in the work force was just very cool to see!

As a part of my visit I spent a good deal of time listening to the Marlin team tell me why they removed the bulls eye. All of their reasons were valid; this creates scrap, causes re work, and is a quality assurance pain in the neck. After listening to the reasons behind their decision I instructed them to put the bulls eye back on the guns from which it was removed late last year. This change is effective immediately.

In my discussions I reminded the team that some things, in spite of being a pain, are necessary as they are at the core of our most important asset-the Marlin Brand. They understood!

Thanks again for making me aware of this and I hope many more Marlin (and Remington) guns are in your future.

Best regards,

Tommy MillnerCEO
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

I'd think that a CEO would have known that a trademark item, however small, was being removed from a product, particularly one that had been around for more than 80 years. Surely this wasn't just a cost saving initiative from the stock makers on the line without approval from up the line? I don't know, but maybe Marlin could benefit from Remington's oversight. :roll:
Well done is better than well said.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Jayhawker wrote:I'd think that a CEO would have known that a trademark item, however small, was being removed from a product, particularly one that had been around for more than 80 years. Surely this wasn't just a cost saving initiative from the stock makers on the line without approval from up the line? I don't know, but maybe Marlin could benefit from Remington's oversight. :roll:
I believe Mr Milner is a Rem CEO new to Marlin. The decision was made before he came into the picture.

Admittedly there is some confusion since Tom (The man quoted originally) is a production engineer & was not aware that they were being removed. I'm not sure but I think it was removed from the 94's & Toms not involved with them but not the 336's which he is involved with. My 308MX has one & it was produced in 07.
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

Great! I like the bulls eye. Most used Marlins that I buy have fallen victim to the "stick the sling swivel stud in the bulls eye" syndrome. So, promptly after each said acquisition I'm forced to call Marlin and ask for a bulls eye replacement (used to be free but now cost a couple bucks) and put it back in the stock. I usually throw the sling swivel stud as far away from the carbine as possible.

I'm glad they've found the wisdom to maintain a little tradition and keep the bulls eye. It is as much a part of Marlin as stink is to my socks.