Question about the subject titles here, and return visits

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

Question about the subject titles here, and return visits

Post by Woodtroll »

Folks,

Someone here (heck, EVERYONE here) knows more about computers than I do. Why is it that the subject titles on this board highlight when I read them, and stay that way as long as I am on the board, but when I return the threads that I have read look the same as the rest of them? Interestingly enough, the "stickies" and admin. topics have stayed highlighted.

I also read a couple other boards with phpBB software (Shiloh and BPCR.net), and these work fine for me, so I do not think it is my individual computer settings. I looked at my profile settings here, and saw nothing that seemed to affect this feature.

Thanks for your help, y'all take care! Regan
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Regan, it's hard for me to understand what you're seeing since we're looking at different screens. BUT here's the way the forum is supposed to work.

When you log in you'll see "unread posts" with an orange bell icon. Once you read that post it will chance to white until there's a new post to the thread and it gets moved up to the top of the list again. If you log out and log back in you'll only see orange where there have been changes since your last visit, the threads with new posts since your last visit will have that orange icon again.

Now, there's another, more subtle, indicator of threads you've read or not read. If it's in BOLD type face then you've probably not read it. If it's in regular type face then it's a thread you've already clicked on.

That's the way it looks from here. Hobie's got a link somewhere about changed or current posts or something like that, but I've not taken the time to bookmark it.

I hope this helps.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodtroll »

Hello, Paul, thanks for your response.

The orange new post indicators work, and take me to the first unread post on the new threads. The thread titles get lighter after I click on them and stay that way while I read the rest of the threads, but then when I come back later on (usually the next day), they are no longer different- the same intensity as all the other threads.

A minor annoyance, and nothing to worry about if I can't figure it out. I sure do appreciate you guys that put in all the effort to keep these boards running!!!

Thanks, take care, Regan
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians