OT post- 10mm Pic

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
abcollector
Levergunner 2.0

OT post- 10mm Pic

Post by abcollector »

Just thought I'd share a pic of the 10mm since I started on "OT" thread.

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT post- 10mm Pic

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Love those. A Colt Delta Elite or a Baer gun in 10mm is on my list of needs somewhere.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

I picked one of the Delta's up this spring at Tulsa. Love it, but it shoots quite low. Am looking at adjustable rear sights now. Nice guns and the 10mm seems to be a great cartridge.

Ed
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

This one belonged to a good friend of mine that passed away about a year ago. He had it done up IPSC style. Amazing shooter that chewss he centers out of targets.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I love the 10mm, I've got a Auto Ord., Colt Delta Elite, and Glock 20. The AO/Thompson was given to me by my dad, I bought the Colt about 3-4years ago and the Glock has been my carry gun for about 5 years now.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I "need" a 10mm for my 1911 collection. I have a 10mm barrel for the Contenders but wanted the purpose built pistol. The cartridge is neat and better than most realize.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I hear that Colt just re-introduced the Delta Elite in the great 10mm. I'd grab one now before they take a notion to drop it again.... I've got a S&W 1006 with adjustable sights that is built like a tank. A buddy soldi to me cheap last year with 2 extra mags for $350! It's like new. Regret not having bought a Smith Model 610 revolvers in 10mm with the unfluted 4" tube when they were still making them a couple years back.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

A gun shop in Beckley has got 2 10mm revolvers in stock. I did have to take a look. One had a 4" barrel and the other a 6". That 4" would be a good packing gun. I did hear that Smith just started putting these back out, just hadn't seen them.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

Love all the 10 Auto pistols.

Have a Bren Ten and a Delta Elite Custom. My Delta has a Clark ramped barrel and a LPA rear sight with custom front. Both are great shooters. You can't go wrong with the 10 Auto!

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! Thanks for sharing (I think... the last thing I needed was another gun to add to the ever-growing wish list!!!) 8)
rbmcmjr
Levergunner

Post by rbmcmjr »

The 10mm is a fun handful. Mine is a mildly customized Omega:

6" longslide with barrel ports
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

What is the story about the Omeaga company? Is this an older company that I've forgotten about or are they a newer one? How is the quality of their products?
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

All I have is an ugly ol Glock 20. Shoots great but is short on looks compared to the one's above.

ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I have a Colt Double Eagle 1 of 1,000 in 10mm and the matching serial # in .45auto. Bought those back in 1992. I've shot the 10mm a fair bit and really like it. I've only had the .45 out of it's shipping box a few times. Thought it might be worth something NIB some year. Guess I should have kept the pair NIB for best results, huh?

Anyway I wish and keep telling Springfield Armory that they need to make the XD in 10mm. I really like those pistols and would buy one in 10mm in a heartbeat. That would be my 4th XD.

I need to shoot my Colt 10mm more often, it is a lot of fun.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Peter M. Eick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Peter M. Eick »

I mights as well add a few 10mm's.

Both 10mm's.

Les Baer 10mm Heavyweight Monolith which I believe is a one of a kind.

And then the bruiser

610, 50 shots, 15 yards, first time out with the gun. All shot offhand.
38-55 & 38/44 What a combination!
rbmcmjr
Levergunner

Post by rbmcmjr »

What is the story about the Omeaga company? Is this an older company that I've forgotten about or are they a newer one? How is the quality of their products?
The Omega was a special 1911 model offered by Springfield Armory (the previous iteration, not the current one). It is one of the standard NM frames with a special slide group manufactured by Peters-Stahl in Germany. The barrel indexes in the breech opening a la Glock or SIG and not with the lugs used in the traditional Browning design. It also has extractors on both sides, which allows the same breech to accommodate a larger variety of case sizes. MacMillan offered the same design as the Wolverine and it came with barrels in a variety of calibers. Here is a picture of the reverse side:

Interestingly enough, this barrel uses the polygonal rifling style like HK, not cut.

Rick