what gun you wish

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

There is a VERY long list, most tracing back to paying for my divorce from my 1st wife. (sold 50+ guns, kept only 3) But there are a few that stick out.

Browning Buckmark, My 1st pistol, would love to have it today.

Had an old model Single Six that I certainly regret selling (was in my divorce lot)!

Browning A-Bolt 30-06 :(

Browning Sweet 16

Several Milsurps (Enfield Jungle Carbine .303, )

Several S&W pistols, but one old model 10 that my grandfather used when he was a security guard in particular.

There are plenty of others, but the more I talk about it, the more depressed I get!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Paco,
The shop in virginia was in the tidewater area, Grafton to be exact, name was Winfree's. Bill Winfree was the owner. He sold it to Walter. That rifle may still be there, but I'm not.

Mike
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

Mine is more recent than most:
Right before Christmas-local gun shop had a Desert Eagle in 44 mag. with the 357 mag. conversion kit as a set. Special case and all....
$1695.00.... but I had taxes, insurance, family presents to buy..............
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Number one Buckeye Ruger in 10mm /38-40 convertible .
Number Two Bren Ten Special Forces Model WITH MAGAZINE ( I got a VERY good buck fof that one but still would llike it back )
Number Three German Luger that my father liberated at Buchenwald Prison camp Had to sell that in the early eighteis and regretted it the day after . but had to do it .
Number Four Browing 1886 Carbine 45/70 sold it to a friend and regretted that right away . He still has it and im negotiating for it now .
Many others but these are the only ones I'd really like to have back .
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

My first firearm was an Uzi Carbine, in the early 1980's. Hey, Israeli commandos were very trendy at the time! Plus, this was before legal CCW in Texas, and a folding-stock carbine with a minimum-legal-length barrel made sense for discreet carry, as rifles and shotguns were, and still are, legal to carry in Texas, concealed or not. Once I had my peace officer badge, I could carry handguns, and the Uzi languished until I traded it for a snubby sixgun. I later realized how much I miss that Uzi, and to buy another means paying a collector's price.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Colt SAA

Post by bj94 »

Back in the late 70's or early 80's. I bought a new SAA for about the price of a common S&W. I sold it to buy something different. I would like to have a SAA now, but nowadays no way am I able to afford one.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

The S&W Model 53 I gave to my first love,
she is long gone & so is the Model 53
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

FN FAL 50.63->

Yeah - sorry it's a "black gun" but it's a precision piece none-the-less.

The investment "value" is incredible. :shock:
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Lloyd Smale
Levergunner

Post by Lloyd Smale »

610 smith 646 smith 24 smith 696 smith 257 roberts featherweight but most of all my first 475 that John built.
Quick Karl

Post by Quick Karl »

Long time ago a childhood friend's father showed me a WWII 1911 45ACP that he'd had in his basement - something he had gotten when he was in the Army... in very nice condition, which I could actually have purchased.

The childhood friend turned out to be a real spoiled punk and would sneak the thing out and shoot the hell out of it, in a nasty north-eastern very humid environment, then sneak the thing back to the basement without even the courtesy of cleaning it.

Then they moved to Hawaii and 'forgot' about the thing, which was 'stored' in a leather holster... it was completely covered in 'green' when they opened the box it was shipped in some few years after arriving in Hawaii.

It said S. MFG. CO. on the slide...

I think about that pistol at least once every day.
Scoutmaster
Levergunner

Post by Scoutmaster »

My biggest regret is having sold a 6" Colt Python in Royal Blue. I bought it new in the late seventies and haven't owned a handgun since that could compare in smoothness and finish. The manufacturers just don't make guns with blueing like that anymore.
Don
Gryphon Black
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gryphon Black »

Only guns I ever lusted over like that, I bought ;em and the only one I ever lost was a Marlin 336 30-30 that I didn't really miss, so that told me I had the wrong gun. I'm not a 30-30 dude, I guess. I now have an 1894 24" .45 that I love a lot more.
So I'll answer for my wife. When she was young, she bought a ruger blackhawk .357 out of "some cowboys" waistband, and kept it in her own waistband as she hitchhiked her way out of the midwest and eventually up into the alaska woods. While she was there, one of the guys on the timber crew skipped out in the night, and her sidearm went with him. That gun had been her armour against a big bad world, not just a good piece of equipment, but a real piece of her.
So now she's my wife, and I learned the story, so I decided that had to be made right. This past Feb, for her birthday, she got a brand new one, with custom action, custom grips with her initial, special ammo, a crossdraw holster and cartridge belt, and a 1894c marlin in her favourite caliber, .357 magnum.
I couldn't go find the cockroach that done it to her, but she darn well got her sidearm returned to her, with interest. Thought she was gonna cry.
As soon as we get a moment, we'll post the pics for y'all.
Y'all remember Paladin? From "Have gun, will travel"? This is her Paladin gun.
Feels good ta make a wrong thing right.
bang.
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jlchucker »

A gun I failed to buy, but remember well. I was a kid in high school in 1960, the long-time town clerk died. She lived above her office, in a building right next to the house of her parents. The house had been closed up since both parents had died in the 20's. The auction of both properties drew many--and both buildings were open to those in attendance. In the parents' house were many antiques, dusty with age. Back then, not many collected guns, and no gun collectors seemed to be present at the auction. In an upstairs closet I spotted a pristine lever action Winchester rifle with an octagon barrel. Obviously it had belonged to Miss White's father, who had died in 1924. Needing a deer rifle, I had visions of bidding on what I thought was a 30-30 or 38-55. Upon closer examination, the gun was a bit different than the model 94's most folks back then carried. Further, the caliber stamped on the barrel was stamped "38-70". I'd never heard of it. Further, I Knew Mr. Perkins in his for-real old general store down the street didn't carry anything like that for ammo. In this rural Vermont town back then, hardly anyone handloaded, and if they did, it was mostly for common calibers. I never placed a bid. The rifle sold for $20 or so, to a stranger.
Win9410
Levergunner

Post by Win9410 »

Shortly after Winchester announced that the 9422 would be discontinued with just the remaining Tribute guns to be produced, I saw where Cabela's was closing out the guns for a ridiculous price. Having a friend who was a Winchester rep, I didn't move on them since I thought I would have no problem securing one from him. I did get a Tribute gun from him for $315, but I wish I had bought a few more. Later, at a local gun store I held a 9417 Legacy that was slightly used. They wanted $400 for the gun. I debated and debated but finally walked. Now they're very rare and I still have no 17 HMR. Lever guns weren't that important to me at that time; now they're basically all that interest me other than a left handed Winchester Model 70 in .375. And now my friend no longer represents Browning or Winchester.
YellowHorse
Levergunner

Post by YellowHorse »

It would have to be this last Saturday on a trip to the gun show.
It was a nice little winchester .22 and a nice lever action shotgun.

I could have had both, but hesitated on purchasing them and when we came back to the table/booth, they had already been purchased :x Darn!
Griff wrote:(Do women ever forget ANYTHING?)
Sometimes, when it suits us :mrgreen:
Str8man
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Str8man »

God I can't count the ones I should have kept.
When I was in my early 20's I lived in the rural upper penninsula of Michigan and it seemed that every gun shop had an old 73 Winchester that was a little tired.
I picked up 5 of them for between $90 and $150.
One was an extra fancy rifle with half octagon half round barrel that I paid $90 for.
I found one near mint 38-40 that I paid $300 for which was a bit of money to me back then.
I fixed up the beaters and had them for several years and then the Cowboy Action Shooting craze began and I sold all of them for $500 each and thought I was quite the wheeler dealer, I get nauseous seeing what even beat up original 73's are going for these days.
I also had the Browning B92 in both 357 and 44 magnum as well as a Browning model 95 in 30-06.
I don't even remember why I sold those.
I also bought an original 1875 Reminton revolver at a Garage sale for $75 that the guy thought was a black powder gun.
I sold that for $350 a couple of years later.
I'm starting to not feel well.
I better stop.
Those are the top ones I regret selling though.
On the upside I did save a few really nice pieces which I still have.
A near mint Garand and an 03 Sprinfield with the type "C" stock and an IBM M1 Carbine that has an Auto Ordnance subcontracted receiver and 3 nice old single action Colts.
I bought one of the Colts back when I was 18 so it's been around awhile.
DINO212
Levergunner

Post by DINO212 »

When I was a young Marine attending Aviation ordnace school at NAS Memphis in 1985 A shop down the road, "Going Western," Had several 30gl. plastic garbage cans filled with M1 Carbines...............all for 69.95ea! Like an idiot I failed to buy a single one. The other day I made up a little for this by picking this up for $60.00, Winchester 1892 in 38 WCF. Built in 1900.
Str8man
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Str8man »

DINO212 wrote:When I was a young Marine attending Aviation ordnace school at NAS Memphis in 1985 A shop down the road, "Going Western," Had several 30gl. plastic garbage cans filled with M1 Carbines...............all for 69.95ea! Like an idiot I failed to buy a single one. The other day I made up a little for this by picking this up for $60.00, Winchester 1892 in 38 WCF. Built in 1900.
Yikes! $60.00!
Beautiful Winchester!
I'll double your money on that!
I could probably scrounge up $120!
I just had to go fondle mine after seeing your picture!
What's up with the m1 carbines anyway? I remember those kind of prices on M1's back in the early 80's.
I saw Rock Ola's and Saginaws for less than you could by a 10-22 ruger for.
I picked up my IBM with the AO receiver for around $75 just to fill out my WWII collection.
It wasn't until recently I found out that the Auto Ordnance subcontracted IBM's were one of the rarest M1 carbines out there.
I was offered and obscene amount of money for it a couple years ago.
I turned it down though.
I also bought an M1 Garand that had been used as a drill rifle or something.
The wood was really nice but it had all the metal parts painted gloss black for unknown reasons.
I took paint stripper to the metal parts and found it had a near mint parkerized finish under all that paint.
I paid $200 for it because it was pretty ugly with all that black paint on it.
After removeing the paint it was one of the prettiest Garands I've seen.
Still have that one too.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

a model 1892 winchester in 25/20, which had its factory original 36" barrel, with full magazine, with double magazine hangers off the barrel; the wood and external metal were very good, but the bore was a little rough so i passed on it, at $600.00.........ohhhh, the pain of being stupid, that was an incredibly rare gun! and the cool factor is astronomic!
cable
Peter M. Eick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Peter M. Eick »

When I got married, I sold my Browning Hi Power to pay for a wedding ring. I sold my Colt Python for the other ring. The Python was replaced, but the Hi Power could not be because it had a great factory trigger. By far the best trigger I have ever felt in a Hi Power.

25 years later I still regret selling that gun but I got a great life in exchange.
38-55 & 38/44 What a combination!
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Styer Professional in .25-06 with double set triggers. That rifle shot so well and so flat! Had to pay for tuition though.
MistWolf
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MistWolf »

Hard to see what I'm typing through the tears. Lost the Ruger Single Six flat gate my father gave to my son. Dad bought it back in '60 or so when he first moved out to California. I carried that Ruger on a lot of rabbit hunts out in Mojave. Dad gave it to my oldest son for his first birthday. About four years agao, I had to move from Conroe to Copperas Cove and wouldn't you know, the weekend I chose to move a big hurricane hit Houston. In the confusion, the pistol got left behind and my old house got broken into. It still makes my stomach hurt
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

I heavily customized a Savage 219 (hammerless single shot) in the 1980's. Custom stocks, scroll engraving, scope mount, chamber reamed to 30-30 PO Ackley Improved. It was light, well balanced, super accurate, and produced 300 Savage ballistics and performance with its 26 inch barrel.

But I sold it at tiny miniscule profit to buy a rifle that I liked better at the time. DUH.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

t.r. wrote:I heavily customized a Savage 219 (hammerless single shot) in the 1980's. Custom stocks, scroll engraving, scope mount, chamber reamed to 30-30 PO Ackley Improved. It was light, well balanced, super accurate, and produced 300 Savage ballistics and performance with its 26 inch barrel.

But I sold it at tiny miniscule profit to buy a rifle that I liked better at the time. DUH.

TR
oh, man, a savage 219 was the first center fire rifle i personally owned, should never have let it go, but needed $ in college. they are elegant little rifles and very accurate!
cable
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Back in 1998 We were doing it a bit tough money wise had to spend $10,000 on the engine of the Mack and that kind of cleaned things out so in my stupidity I did a bit of a panic, and sold my Browning 1886 Rifle in 45-70 that I bought new in 1986 when they came out, my Winchester 1886 in 33 WCF 24 inch barrell full mag large style crescent butt plate and fancy wood I had had the rifle since 1980 132xxx seriel number, another 1886 in 40-82 26 inch tapered barrell not rapid taper but tapered full mag small style crescent butt plate proof marked on both action and barrell 137xxx seriel number I had also had that rifle since 1980, and a Winchester 1892 in 25-20 24inch round barrell full mag crescent butt plate798xxx seriel number and all my reloading gear, if a bloke ever needed a hit in the head with a baseball bat it was me then.
I have built the fleet up again have another Winchester 1886 in 33 WCF 24 inch rapid taper barrell full mag and shotgun butt seriel number 153xxx the barrell is a Winchester replacement ballell has 2 proof marks on the barrell, I have a Browning Model 71 Rifle, and another Winchester 1892 in 25-20WCF, 3 Winchester 94's two in 30 WCF and one in 356WCF a Marlin 39A plus a AYA 12Gauge Double Barrell Shotgun that my wife bought for me many years ago.
The 86 in 40-82 was and is my most favorite firearm I have ever owned, I know where both the 86 Winchesters are and I hope to buy one or hopefully both back one day.
Just to keep it Cowboy I have two hand made California Slick Fork Saddles and a genuine 1890's California Slick Fork, and three Broncs to put em on so things ain't to bad, but I sure do miss them ole 86's
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

One more is fine.
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

There are three I would love to have back.

One was a Win. Mdl 94 (32 Special) that was my Dad's. Mom bought it for him after WWII (1947?) He didn't think I wanted it so he sold it to a friend for about half what it was worth. I've learned to be more specific when we talk about guns.

The second was a Savage 99 (.308) my wife bought me several years ago. I still don't know why I sold it or what I bought with the money. All I remember is that it shot well and it had great wood.

The last one was a well used WWII 1911 and a Colt .22 conversion for it. Sold it to a friend with a bunch of ammo because I didn't think I wanted a 45. Now I have several .45's.

OUCH... I KNOW YOUR PAIN!!!!! PACO

Sometimes we are just stupid. . . . . . :roll:
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Griff wrote:And the Ruger Single Six Convertible 4-5/8" and both cylinders was traded for a couch a boyfriend of her best friend owned.[/i] Now I'm more upset about the Single-Six than the 3-screw! The good news is that both trades happened over 27 years ago! :shock: And in all truth, I'd like to have 'em both back!

(Do women ever forget ANYTHING?)
A COUCH? You couldn't sit on the floor?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Madcaster
Levergunner

I miss my

Post by Madcaster »

S&W N-27-2,right now I am thinking of getting another!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

My first Super Blackhawk that I bought when I was 16...beatiful fit/finish. I saved the money from my paper route and my Mom signed for me to buy it. Sold it to take out a girl who couldn't have given a rats rear! Lesson learned. I bought another one as soon as I got out of the Army in 89 and have not been dumb enough to let it go.

Another would be my first Mod. 94 Win. that my Dad gave me when I was 14. Gave it to my brother when I left for boot at Fort Benning, and he gave it back to my Dad. Still begging for it back!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Crazy Horse
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Crazy Horse »

I let a Beretta 687 Sporting II over and under 12 gauge get by me! I had just ordered a 1885 Win in .405 when the shop got this gun in so I didn't buy it. It was like NIB and I could have got it for $995. It had the box chokes and everything. It is about $2300 new now... :.( The good news is I called a buddy and told him and he got it..
99savage308
Levergunner

Post by 99savage308 »

Ladies and Gents,

re: guns that slipped past me

nickle "c" 1911 colt's 45 dated in the early teens- didn't have the 500.00 dollars back then

very early marlin 336rc walnut stock and very low serial number.sold it get some extra money for a jeep top. looking to replace that one real soon deer season will be here sooner that one thinks.

i'll keep y'all posted.
-- NRA Life Member --

--Searching for more light --

-- keep your powder dry --
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Re: what gun you wish

Post by LeverBob »

Miss several that have had to sell to pay a tax bill or to make a move. The one I miss the most is a 1973
Remington 3200 "One of One Thousand" Skeet gun, 28" barrels, Kohler Triple A tubes. When I got the gun I ran 100 straight right out of the box on the first practice day. Had to sell it in 98' to pay for my move from SoKal to Carson City.

Gotta stop now...or I'll start bawling...

LeverBob
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Leverbob,

That sucks, but getting outta Ca. was surely worth it!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Thanks for the condolances Travis...you're right though...it was worth the price to escape San Bernardino. I'm very happy in Northern Nev.

One of my younger brothers is named Travis...great name, like it alot...didn't much care for him though...he is a first class shmuck.

Regards,

LeverBob
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Yeah, I'm kind of an person, too.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

C.Cash,
The ones we gave up for women hurt the most!
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

The ones I wish I'd kept:Remington 1911 bought from NRA for $13.95 when I was a student at the Univ of AZ turned it in on a S&W Chiefs Special was allowed $25 in 1965,Ruger SS 4" 357 Security Six made in 1976,Winchester Mod 97 Black Diamond with Trap Gun in the bolt barrel was chattered out & it had been reblued,Rem 788 243 & Browning Semi 30-06 grade 2 made in Belgium that I gave my son who sold them cheap to buy drugs.
Bloodhound
Levergunner

Post by Bloodhound »

A second year of production Winchester 71 standard, with a bolt peep. Hurts even now to think about not having it.
Scott

Do Justice
Love Mercy
Walk Humbly With Your GOD
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

scr83jp wrote:Browning Semi 30-06 grade 2 made in Belgium that I gave my son who sold them cheap to buy drugs.
You wouldn't believe the guns I've seen sold to pawn shops for a hundred bucks. Just makes me sick to think about it. Hope your kid snaps out of it.

I just "accidentally" missed my 40 year old aunt's second or third graduation from re-hab. On one of her home visits, she stopped off to smoke a joint before going back.

If she relapses this time, does that mean she gets a master's degree in being worthless?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

Travis Morgan wrote:
scr83jp wrote:Browning Semi 30-06 grade 2 made in Belgium that I gave my son who sold them cheap to buy drugs.
You wouldn't believe the guns I've seen sold to pawn shops for a hundred bucks. Just makes me sick to think about it. Hope your kid snaps out of it.

I just "accidentally" missed my 40 year old aunt's second or third graduation from re-hab. On one of her home visits, she stopped off to smoke a joint before going back.

If she relapses this time, does that mean she gets a master's degree in being worthless?
If one is going to turn their life around it's usually by 22 for females and 26 by males according to a report in Federal Probation I read when I was employed as a probation officer.We brought him up the right way but he chose a different path associating with a bunch of drug using losers & it's been going on over 26 years,rehabs haven't worked nor has counseling or AA,nor have 2 marriages,arrests for DUI meant nothing.He's screwed over his customers ,lost his contractors license,failed to appear for civil court,is contracting w/o a license so it's just a matter of time before he ends up as an inmate of the state of calif.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I'm truly sorry to hear that. I'm struggling with my 12 year old stepson right now, trying to impress upon him the importance of being careful in picking the company you keep. He's a straight A student, and a good kid, but I think he's kinda weak on the character side. I really can't see him standing up to anyone and saying, "No, this ain't right; I'm not gonna do this. I'm leaving.".

I guess, in the end, I just have to teach him as best I can, and trust him to make good choices. Is it supposed to be this hard to let him?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

tomtex
Levergunner 2.0

Post by tomtex »

Savage M99 updated for hunting and utility, all around use Cal's AMMO
WoodrowC
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WoodrowC »

A lifelong friend of mine inherited his late father's 1950's vintage S&W "s" series Model 27, five inch, diamond magna stocks. Offered it to me. Thinking it would fetch $800.-$1000., I passed. He sold it for $300. Makes me crazy.
This isn't it, but exactly like this:

Gerry
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

A 1911 my uncle sold me for $80 that he bought when he retired from the Marines. Stolen from my truck in 1974 when I was stationed in Ft Hood, Texas.
It is not the critic who counts
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

c. 1969-70-71 father was thinking of getting a new Colt SAA and got distracted by other needs and situations at the time - like we all do, always thinking you'll have another go at it. We never got a chance to revisit on that one; I went off to college and such, he struggled through retirement and medical issues and passed in the late 70s, and for awhile my interests (and abilities) went different directions. So, what price would that have been? Even on a tight family budget.....?! There are a bunch of those types of "wish you would have's." First gen SAAs that weren't always considered (even in our day) the rare holy grails they now are. Original great-condition GI M1 Carbines that were considered "nothing" by gun shops and private owners alike (...nothing like taking good things for granted!). Stocking up on Pre 64 94s back then "if we'd only known...," even Win 92s starting back in the 50s, 60s and even 70s, etc. And then there's the nice Pre 64 Model 70s, etc., and an O/U shotgun or two here and there that now cost a bank vault.
sulaco
Levergunner

Post by sulaco »

Nothing as fancy or valuable as most of them mentioned, but I had a very nice Chinese (Norinco) SKS (all matching numbers and very accurate for an SKS) I wish I had back.

I also had a newer Winchester 94 Trapper in .44 Magnum. That was a fun gun and I'd love to have it back.

And lastly, I had an older Norinco M-14 that had hardly ever been shot. I surely wish I had it back.
thornblom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by thornblom »

Howdy
Last edited by thornblom on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

When I got my Paul Jaeger custom model 98 large ring Mauser, (for $200) They also had a Savage 99 in .300 Savage that was in darned good shape for the same price. Unfortunately, I'd just had to replace my saddle, after I ripped it in half dragging a bull elk out to the road.
From what I understood, they'd just sold a matched pair of derringers the day before. All of the guns from some old rich guy's collection sold WAY too low. When I mentioned my Mauser to one of the gun library guys at Cabela's in Texas, he darn near wet himself. Unfortunately, it was in Oklahoma when I was talking to him!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

tomtex
Levergunner 2.0

Post by tomtex »

SAVAGE M99 scout in military cal from 556mm to ETC :!:

SKS type scout rifle in handgun mag & rifle Cal.from 357cal to ETC. :!:

Top Break handguns in Cal from 38 & 357 to ECT :!: :)