BLR

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

BLR

Post by Wes »

Just got my new (to me) BLR from MtnGun (who is a good guy to deal with by the way) and mounted a scope on it last night. All I had that wasn't on a rifle already was a 2.5X Leupold so that went on. It sure is a pretty little rifle and has a real good trigger for a BLR (it had some work done on it).
Walked over to my bench and sighted it in then shot at 75 yard (that was the only target I had and it was getting dark). This rifle shot a 5/8" little cloverleaf group with Winchester Silvertip factory loads. What a nice little rifle! You darn sure know you're shooting a gun when you pull the trigger, but it's not too bad. Before any of you blast me for no pictures, I'll try to get some and follow up on this when I get to handloading.
Thanks Jerry (MtnGun) for sending this little gem my way. Can't wait for fall so I can use it on elk and maybe moose too. It shoots so good I'll probably have to whack an antelope and a muley with it as well.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: BLR

Post by Old Savage »

What caliber is it? That is the way they gererally shoot.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

very nice.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

OOPS! Forgot to mention it was a 358 Win.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Wes wrote:OOPS! Forgot to mention it was a 358 Win.

COOL! 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

From the description of the recoil, I would have guessed it was a .358 Winchester. I'm interested in seeing pictures too, especially with the scope mounted. I'll be getting a BLR in 358 myself within the next couple of weeks.
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

I have a little .308 BLR and I love it. Nice, accurate, quick handling, and real good out to better than 200yards. (Have killed a couple of foxes and a coyote out at 200 already). Got mine used from a guy needing some money for $475, with a little 3x9 Burris on it and I have NO complaints! I haven't shot one in 358, but the old .270 winny I had years ago was pretty much a dream to shoot too, even though I do like the short throw just a little better.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yep, the .358 Win and .356 Win do generate some recoil... more than you'd think.

Congrats on your new rifle - looking forward to the pics.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Sounds like a Nice rifle! Congratulations! Is your 2 1/2 x Leupold a scout scope, or conventional?
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

I stalked and photo'd this rutting bull last September. Unfortunately, I had no elk license for this zone but the experience was still quite memorable. This is truly .358 country: combination of heavy timber and open meadows.

Good hunting to you.
TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Wait till you pack the thing around the hills for a day or 12, you'll really be convinced you got the cadilac of leverguns then. 8)