OT: Domestic Tranquility

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

OT: Domestic Tranquility

Post by 45Jack »

Both of my kids gave me gift certificates to a sporting goods store for Father's Day.
I mentioned I might use the cards to get a solo canoe. My wife went on for about 45 minutes about why did I need a solo canoe... etc etc. (no big deal, she could still tag along she has her own kayak)
The more she talked the more I thought "She's making my case for a solo canoe for me."

I don't want to say I'm a slow learner, but my lovely bride and I started dating in 1966.
I have come to realize that sometimes no matter how brilliant my thoughts are, verbalizing them may not be in my best interest. So I kept my mouth shut and bought a Marlin 1895G.

When we got it home I showed her one of the bullets and she said, "Wow, that's a big one!"

I know where that comment would have gone 40 years ago... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: OT: Domestic Tranquility

Post by Sixgun »

45Jack wrote:
When we got it home I showed her one of the bullets and she said, "Wow, that's a big one!"

I can see your a lucky man with good children (and a good woman!). Lots of goodies to play with always makes for happiness.

As far as your last comment in concerned, well, it made me think. Today I met a beautiful woman at the Post Office. She told me she was a real estate agent. Well, I whipped out my **** and asked her ,"Is this a lot?"----------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

45Jack wrote:Both of my kids gave me gift certificates to a sporting goods store for Father's Day.
I mentioned I might use the cards to get a solo canoe. My wife went on for about 45 minutes about why did I need a solo canoe... etc etc. (no big deal, she could still tag along she has her own kayak)
The more she talked the more I thought "She's making my case for a solo canoe for me."

I don't want to say I'm a slow learner, but my lovely bride and I started dating in 1966.
I have come to realize that sometimes no matter how brilliant my thoughts are, verbalizing them may not be in my best interest. So I kept my mouth shut and bought a Marlin 1895G.

I'd like to get a medium size solo sea kayak for Lake Michigan as well... ah well. One more thing for the infinite "when I get a paying job" wish list...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

As far as your last comment in concerned, well, it made me think. Today I met a beautiful woman at the Post Office. She told me she was a real estate agent. Well, I whipped out my **** and asked her ,"Is this a lot?"----------------Sixgun
Once I met a beautiful real estate agent too. I sidled up next to her and asked her if she could make me feel like a landowner.

She kicked me in the **** and said, "Ok, now you have two achers".
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."