Victorinox Caves to the PC crowd...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Victorinox Caves to the PC crowd...

Post by AJMD429 »

...a 'bladeless' Swiss Army 'knife'... :roll:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/sw ... r-BB1lTQZa
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Victorinox Caves to the PC crowd...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Oh brother. The Nanny States are rampant!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

If it doesn’t have a blade, it’s not a knife.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

WTF????????? Next thing you know they'll ban fingernail clippers with nail files 'cause they can be sharpened into a small knife blade! :? :shock: :o :roll: :twisted:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I carry, from the time I get out of bed, until “take clothes off” time, a Leatherman MUT tool. The BLADE is what is needed 9 times out of ten….

May the Good Lord bless our 2nd.

People/government will only do to you what you let them. It’s just sad that many of us old timers here won’t be able to instruct the younger crowd on what freedom is when it’s time for this country to enact such absurdity.——00……6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

From the dawn of time, EVERY living creature has been able to defend itself against anything trying to eat it, what gives "THEM" the right to take that away from us????????????????? If "they" won't let me defend myself, then sod 'em, I'll do it anyway! :twisted:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I don't think they are stopping making any of their knives... with knives, but just recognize in some idiotic jurisdictions and countries any blade frightens the cry-babies... and are now against the law.

Simple matter of pivoting to continue to serve a market. Really makes their products less useful, but not useless, so I bet they still sell.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Just read the linked article and Ysabel Kid is onto it!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yup, nothing new gunmakers have been making rifles without bayonets for donkey's years.... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Well hopefully their decision comes back to bite them in the rear! Go woke, go broke.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

YK is right - it is similar to the neutered AR-15’s that are ‘California compliant’. I can’t really blame the company for wanting sales to happen for people who live in police-states, but it is still a capitulation. Perhaps if they countered it by putting something legal but offensive on the product, it would be nice. Maybe a non-sharpened ‘blade’ labeled a ‘spatula’ that had a laser engraved extended middle finger on it… :D
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

On the same vein, the knife Co. Spyderco makes really good knives with a variety of locking mechanisms, BUT they also make a line of slip joint knives aimed directly at England that makes it illegal to own anything else! :twisted:
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:36 am .
YK is right - it is similar to the neutered AR-15’s that are ‘California compliant’. I can’t really blame the company for wanting sales to happen for people who live in police-states, but it is still a capitulation. Perhaps if they countered it by putting something legal but offensive on the product, it would be nice. Maybe a non-sharpened ‘blade’ labeled a ‘spatula’ that had a laser engraved extended middle finger on it… :D
AJ, I like that idea with the spatula blade! :lol:
EG73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by EG73 »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:23 am Well hopefully their decision comes back to bite them in the rear! Go woke, go broke.
It’s not that at all :roll: it’s for where knives aren’t allowed to be carried it still allows people to have a tool they can carry.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Thing is almost anything on a multitool can be be used to stab someone
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

1894cfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:16 pm On the same vein, the knife Co. Spyderco makes really good knives with a variety of locking mechanisms, BUT they also make a line of slip joint knives aimed directly at England that makes it illegal to own anything else! :twisted:
Most knives are legal to own in the UK but not for EDC on the streets without proper reason, self defense is considered NOT a proper reason.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

EG73 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:50 pm
marlinman93 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:23 am Well hopefully their decision comes back to bite them in the rear! Go woke, go broke.
It’s not that at all :roll: it’s for where knives aren’t allowed to be carried it still allows people to have a tool they can carry.
Betting anywhere a pocket knife is illegal they still wont allow the Victornox or other multi tools either. So why remove the blade since I doubt you can carry it with just the blade removed.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Sixgun wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:06 pm I carry, from the time I get out of bed, until “take clothes off” time, a Leatherman MUT tool. The BLADE is what is needed 9 times out of ten….
I do the same, -- but for me, it is the needle noses i need the most -- and in the interest of redundancy, i still carry a folding knife too :lol:
----- Doug
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:55 am
1894cfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:16 pm On the same vein, the knife Co. Spyderco makes really good knives with a variety of locking mechanisms, BUT they also make a line of slip joint knives aimed directly at England that makes it illegal to own anything else! :twisted:
Most knives are legal to own in the UK but not for EDC on the streets without proper reason, self defense is considered NOT a proper reason.
Since ALL living things have a NATURAL RIGHT to defend themselves, something is seriously wrong with your country!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Streetstar wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:18 pm
I do the same, -- but for me, it is the needle noses i need the most -- and in the interest of redundancy, i still carry a folding knife too :lol:
Yea, ya know Streetstar, you’re right…….i too, probably use the pliers just as much if not more…….forgot how many times that MUT tool saved my A from walking 100 yards back to the house because a wire was causing me issues……that baby will cut through 10 ga. wire like there’s no tomorrow…….not sure which Leatherman you have but the MUT tool has replaceable everything if ya bust one up. The saw blade will go right through a hanging 3” branch.

Yep, always buy the best…one time I bought a Rossi multi tool but it melted in a glob when I left it on the dashboard.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

1894cfan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:48 pm
Since ALL living things have a NATURAL RIGHT to defend themselves, something is seriously wrong with your country!
The country is fine it's just full of idiots..... :x
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:05 pm
1894cfan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:48 pm
THAT is what is seriously wrong with your country! Same here in the States! SOMEBODY needs to work on that! It AIN'T gonna be me!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The Magna Carta has become the Minimum Carta!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

piller wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:17 pm The Magna Carta has become the Minimum Carta!
Well plaid. Well plaid indeed! :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

For those who don’t trust themselves with edged weapons.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

[/quote]

Just had a thought, whenever you go out shopping stop by the cutlery shop and buy a cheap 8 inch chefs knife to take home with you, with receipt of course. That way if some loony starts waiving HIS knife around you have one to waive right back at him, AND if the coppers start questioning you about your knife just tell them you needed a new one 'cause your home one was getting a bit too dull to cut veggies and roasts. HTH :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

1894cfan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:07 am
Just had a thought, whenever you go out shopping stop by the cutlery shop and buy a cheap 8 inch chefs knife to take home with you, with receipt of course. That way if some loony starts waiving HIS knife around you have one to waive right back at him, AND if the coppers start questioning you about your knife just tell them you needed a new one 'cause your home one was getting a bit too dull to cut veggies and roasts. HTH :wink:
[/quote]
That would work as a reasonable excuse for having what the police call a bladed weapon in a public place.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

[/quote]

[/quote]

That would work as a reasonable excuse for having what the police call a bladed weapon in a public place.
[/quote]

I can just picture it now, EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE is making runs to the local cutlery shop to buy CHEAP 8 inch chefs knives EVERY MORNING and carrying them around all day long! :P
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

1894cfan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:37 pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can just picture it now, EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE is making runs to the local cutlery shop to buy CHEAP 8 inch chefs knives EVERY MORNING and carrying them around all day long! :P
[/quote]

Then again, if there's a knife sharpening shop nearby, or if the cutlery shop has a knife sharpening service, dull the blade every morning and take it in to have it sharpened? :oops:
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then again, if there's a knife sharpening shop nearby, or if the cutlery shop has a knife sharpening service, dull the blade every morning and take it in to have it resharpened? Might be a bit less expensive than buying a new one every morning. :oops: PLUS the shop gets the extra business!
Last edited by 1894cfan on Sat May 11, 2024 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I love these work-arounds; the best of human ingenuity... :twisted: