The little Super Wrangler

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

The little Super Wrangler

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well, I took the Super Wrangler to the range today along with a couple of rifles and the chronograph, but the wind at Avenger Airport here in Sweetwater was gusting over 30 mph. The chronograph stayed in the truck. I was in a bit of a hurry to shoot just because of the wind, and the sixgun took some sight adjusting but I got it pretty centered. The lower target (with wrists over a squeeze bag) was shot with Winchester 40-grain JHP .22 WMR. The upper one with the tighter group was with CCI Standard Velocity .22 LR. These bulls measure 4 inches in outside diameter, so considering the circumstances I am encouraged that with more concentration under better wind conditions, this little Ruger will shoot very nicely indeed. And this was just one type of ammo in each cylinder.

By the way, someone had left these targets, printed from this Michigan DNR Web site. Good targets!

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/things-to- ... -the-range
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The little Super Wrangler

Post by GunnyMack »

Bill. I'd say it's a keeper!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Will, I believe that when I take my time and shoot under normal conditions -- and find the ammo it likes -- it will be a 1 1/2-inch gun at 25 yards, rest. I can't do much better than that with irons.
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BobM »

Mine was holding the ten ring from the bench at 25 yards with Minimags. Velocitors also seem promising but I’ve not shot enough to tell for sure. I also need to work with the magnum cylinder some more.