DUMB GUNS vs SMART GUNS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

DUMB GUNS vs SMART GUNS

Post by 308magtip »

back in late 50's early 60's I saved my paper route money to by a .22. Got a brand new Winchester Mod 69A. I still have that "dumb gun" as in all these years it has NEVER learned to load itself.I even left written instructiong tied to the bolt handle. Now if anyone has a "smarter" gun please post it. Only problem I had with it was I got a little huried when lining up a shot at a squirrl and forced the trigger reward before taking it off safe.the ,because of soft metal, allowed the foring pin to move beyond the sear holding it back.Upon pushing the safty forward the gun discharged. Any Mod 69A owners please beware.I was able to get a better after market part to correct this.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: DUMB GUNS vs SMART GUNS

Post by gamekeeper »

I believe that the 69 had a different safety to the 69A thanks for the tip I'm looking for a vintage .22.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Re: DUMB GUNS vs SMART GUNS

Post by 308magtip »

The 69A safty is located on the bolt or rightside of the rifle. Push forward to fire , rearward position is safe. It is a very fine shooting .22 . If you get one they came with s 5 shot mag. I found a factory 10 shot mag at the old Western Auto store in Ephrata,pa prior to 1970. paid 3 bucks then.Now a factory OEM with the winchester name on the botton can sell for 200$$. Enjoy it if you find one.Mine will shoot or should I say is capable of tighter groups then these old eyes can do.