Uberti rolling block 22lr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Uberti rolling block 22lr

Post by barbarossa »

I have a chance to buy one of there are they any good
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Uberti rolling block 22lr

Post by GunnyMack »

Dunno, never saw one in person but I bet a guy could have a lot of range time with one .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Ya I know what you mean ,22s are about all a guy can afford to shoot at a range in any quantity these days
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'm such a sucker for a rolling block. 8)
Might ask over at the ASSRA site. Uberti is capable of making an accurate barrel.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Well I don’t think you would have any feeding issues!

I have no idea if they are quality or not but it sure is cute and classy looking
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Those are based on the Remington #2 action design, which is an extremely strong design, and in .22LR should be a wonderful rifle if they got all the metallurgy right.
I've heard of some issues with the same actions that were sold in cartridges too hot for this frame size, and they beat themselves loose. If I recall they sold them in .357 Magnum which seemed crazy when I first saw them offered in that chambering.
If the price is right I think it's a great gun.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:09 pm Might ask over at the ASSRA site. Uberti is capable of making an accurate barrel.
I recently got a Uberti Low Wall, and so far (even without trying several different 22 loads) I've been really pleased with its accuracy. And the fit and finish are very nice too. Good luck.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

I have been sorely tempted by the .22 Low Wall, think it would be dandy for a lazy afternoon of burning up rimfire ammo.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Tell me where it's at, I will go buy it and try it out for a few years, will let you know if I find anything wrong. :D
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Couple more pics.The 22 case imprint makes me think the breech block metal may be on the soft side
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

awesome little shooter
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Is that really indented? Or is it just brass from the case?
I suppose it could be rehardened...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

From the pic I got it does really look indented but it could be rub off from the brass.I have read on other forums that the parts could be soft ,it what makes me hesitant to buy it.I m going to email the seller and ask him about the block
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

I've inspected only one of those wee rolling blocks from Uberti. It was a used, older one. Closed and "locked," I could feel the breech move as I pulled back on its ear: Not confidence inspiring.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Never seen these imports before. Will have to check them out.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'd be very surprised if the brassy look on the breech block was really indented at all. I think it's just a brass smear caused by the base of the cases.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Ya I asked the owner and he said it was just a smear
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's what I figured. If what others have said about that model in a high pressure clambering being a problem, it being a 22lr should be fine for hundreds of bricks of ammo.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

KWK wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:13 pm I've inspected only one of those wee rolling blocks from Uberti. It was a used, older one. Closed and "locked," I could feel the breech move as I pulled back on its ear: Not confidence inspiring.
So --

* Was the chamber recessed for the thickness of the 22's rim?

* Or was what you were feeling the result of allowing enough space for the rim?

May be too late to be sure, but the rim is recessed on my Uberti Low Wall due to the way it closes.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Old No7 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:59 pm * Or was what you were feeling the result of allowing enough space for the rim?
I have a full size rolling block made by Lone Star. With the action locked, tugging on the ear of the breech produces no discernible motion. That was not so with the Uberti. The breech felt as if it was twisting under my pressure.

This was 2 years ago, but I don't recall the breech face having a gap to the barrel for the cartridge rim. A quick web search finds photos showing the rim recess is in the barrel.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

My Dads boyhood rifle was a Remington Model 4 that he shot 2 boxes of shells a week through for about ten years. The breech has the same brass discoloration, it's not worn.
What is warn is the chamber from shooting many shorts and the ejector would drop down slightly from the pin hole where it fit into the frame being worn. I had a gunsmith repair that but but he reminded me that the rifle was made pre high speed shells so he recommended I stick to no more than standard velocity.
When I was a boy I shot a few woodchucks with short hp's and would also have no problem hitting the end of 20 ga shotshell empty's at 25-40 paces.
With todays metallurgy it think you would be fine with a Rolling block.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I can’t imagine how many rounds you would have to shoot to damage that rifle.
ikocher
Levergunner

Post by ikocher »

OOO. I've been wanting a rolling block for a while now. I had a chance to buy a .22 one a few years back but the shop in GA wouldn't take a debit card and I couldn't get cash or a money order from the banks near by. I was sad. I keep seeing these at Taylor's and wondered if they're any good.

Some day, I'll have me a Rolling Block.

Hopefully you'll get it and get us a long term report.
Psalm 104:14 - He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, And vegetation for the service of man, That he may bring forth food from the earth (NKJV)