The eldest grandson.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

The eldest grandson.....

Post by Ray »

said he wanted a "cowboy gun" for his birthday (nov.) so we gave him a pietta 1858 then a howell .45 colt cylinder for Chistmas.

Well the more I thought about it the more I missed that howell cylinder so......

A bit of digression first.... I have to work every other weekend and every holiday so there are pay periods with more overtime on them than most folk work in straight hours.

So with 33 hours 1.5 x o.t. and 8 hours straight for president's day & 11 hours 2x for actually working that day, I decided I could afford to replace the cylinder we gave to norville. I opted for the a.c.p. instead of the colt this time and it came in the mail today.
-599208038774520370.jpg
Now, after reading about james hickok, he is hinting for an 1851 colt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
Ysabel Kid

Re: The eldest grandson.....

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ray, I think you'll like the .45 ACP. I picked up one for an Uberti Cattleman I have. Just gives one a lot of flexibility. Though I handload, primers are just hard to come by, especially large pistol primers, and factory .45 Colt is ridiculously priced. On the other hand, one can pick up .45 ACP routinely at decent prices.

Have fun! :D
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Way cool!

I have a .45ACP cylinder for my Old Army and it's a hoot!
Much more accurate than I expected.

Have fun!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

You're helping to bring him up right, Ray. 8)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:00 pm You're helping to bring him up right, Ray. 8)
Yep. All of us should follow your example, with kids, grandkids, neices and nephews.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mark in MO
Levergunner

Post by Mark in MO »

I second the 45 ACP recommendation. It's a lot of fun and if you happen to have an autoloader in matching caliber, so much the better.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

My FA Model 97 has 2 cylinders ... 45 Colt and 45 ACP. The ACP is what I have in it 90% of the time. AND ... you can use a 1911 magazine for a Speedloader
IMG_0366.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:00 pm You're helping to bring him up right, Ray. 8)
And if we keep giving norville percussion revolvers then sooner or later one or more of them will be one of your hand-me-downs.

B.T.W., norville is just a nickname.....for the past 4-5 years, every since his 3 to 4 chin whiskers have sprouted we have interchangeably called him shaggy, hippie and norville after the scooby-doo cartoon character.....
m.A.g.a. !