GPC PARTS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

GPC PARTS

Post by GunnyMack »

Just saw an email from Gun Parts Corp that they have under taken new production of Marlin parts that had dried up around the time Remington bought Marlin.
What parts exactly im not sure.
Also said parts for Remington, I'd guess older models.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: GPC PARTS

Post by marlinman93 »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:04 am Just saw an email from Gun Parts Corp that they have under taken new production of Marlin parts that had dried up around the time Remington bought Marlin.
What parts exactly im not sure.
Also said parts for Remington, I'd guess older models.
I sure hope they do a good job on the parts! My past experience with parts sold by GPC that weren't factory leftover parts has been disappointing. They never seem to just drop in, and often they got returned because if I tried to fit them and lost they became my parts.
I have bought a lot of factory parts from Numrich GPC that are excellent.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I bought a used Smith m15 years ago, shot it a few times and then one day looked down the cylinder and realized a previous owner had reamed out the chambers to accept .357 rounds. Scared me, but the remainder or the gun looked okay. I ordered a new (used) cylinder from Gun Parts, keeping in mind that I'd had a few less than sterling experiences with them. Midway had said that their new m15 cylinders would interchange with m10, 14 and maybe a few others. I have a police return bull barrel m10 and tried that cylinder in the m15 but it didn't fit. The one I received from Gun Parts fit perfectly and I checked the alignment between cylinder and barrel with a range rod and the fit was perfect. There's practically no radial or longitudinal movement of the cylinder and the barrel/cylinder gap is excellent. I got lucky.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Same for me but I have scored some nice original parts too.
One thing without question their return policy is top notch.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Cool
I've got some good stuff there
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Okay, I've got to fess up and admit that the only good news/bad news experience I can recall with Gun Parts involved a replacement stock for a Ruger m77. The one I received looked like it was rode hard and put away wet. GPC indicated they would only bill me in one month provided I did not return the stock within that time. It looked so bad that I returned it promptly and was never billed for it.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Pat C wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:52 pm Same for me but I have scored some nice original parts too.
One thing without question their return policy is top notch.
I haven't found their return policy to be the best myself.
I ordered a new pawl for a Colt SAA I had and when it came the little leaf spring was missing. I called them to ask for a replacement and they asked me to send them a picture. Sent the picture and they told me to send it back and then they'd send a new one. They wouldn't pay return postage, and when the new part came there was a note inside stating what I owed for postage for the replacement part. I called and told them they owed me for shipping, not me owing them and they said they'd drop their shipping charge, but never paid my return shipping.
I rarely buy from them anymore except items listed as excellent used, or new factory parts.

Bought a .45-70 Numrich barrel many years ago and the bore was hilarious. It started center on one end, and 1/8" off center on the other. How they could look at that and sell it was beyond me.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/