1,000 caliber, 100,000 grain, triple-hollow-point round ball vs bullet proof glass

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

1,000 caliber, 100,000 grain, triple-hollow-point round ball vs bullet proof glass

Post by AJMD429 »

(...'round ball' of the 'bowling type... :wink: )

https://youtu.be/63vD-x11TY4?si=MbbABYoLRsnvJzsc

Pretty impressive...
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 1,000 caliber, 100,000grain, triple-hollow-point round ball vs bullet proof glass

Post by Grizz »

THANKS DOC !

the neat thing about being a welder-fabricator is I CAN MAKE THAT ! But I don't have a jeep. So I think an uncivil-war mortar is the way to go. Where do those people shoot their cannons? And would a paper patch have helped? and and and . . .
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 1,000 caliber, 100,000grain, triple-hollow-point round ball vs bullet proof glass

Post by Grizz »

Grizz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:40 pm THANKS DOC !

the neat thing about being a welder-fabricator is I CAN MAKE THAT ! But I don't have a jeep. So I think an uncivil-war mortar is the way to go. Where do those people shoot their cannons? And would a paper patch have helped? and and and . . .
https://www.go2gbo.com/threads/guide-fo ... ar.167657/

ONE answer . . .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Back in the early 90s I was working with a crew on a county prosecutors office suite. The reception area we put 1/2" Kevlar sheets behind the drywall and 1 3/8" 'bullet proof ' glass in the windows. On a Friday at quitting time I was walking out with some of the Kevlar and glass. The prosecutor saw me and asked me what I was going to do with the pieces.
I said what do you think I'm gonna do- shoot it!
The sheet goods stopped every handgun bullet we tried. But not rifle rounds.
The glass was a laminated like in this video and it too stopped all handgun stuff. High velocity rifle stuff just went straight through separating the layers.
That Monday I took the stuff back to the job to show the prosecutor and he was quite impressed.
Somewhere I have a hunk of the glass with a 25-20 bullet captured.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

That was pretty cool
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus