Hit the indoor range this morning w/ the M&P .22 Mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Hit the indoor range this morning w/ the M&P .22 Mag

Post by 2ndovc »

Took the Vaquero .44 Spl along as well. I'd only shot it once and not on paper.

The M&P functioned perfectly with 40 gr CCIs and Remington 33 gr bullets. It definitely prefers the 33 gr ammo. All of the Remington's are in the red except the one next to the 9 on the right. The 40 gr. CCIs were all over.

The .44 Spl shot well with a 240 gr LSWC and 6.2 grs of Unique. Had to concentrate on my trigger control to get the second group into the red. Green dot is the POA.
The circled group was 5.5 gr of Unique. Red dot is the POA and gave up on those. I don't remember why I'd made such a light load.
I had a box of the same bullets and 6.8 gr of TiteGroup but the group was considerably larger than the Unique loading.
Anyway, they are both keepers with some real potential. Shooting at 35 feet was all. I'm still a bit shaky from the time in the hospital.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hit the indoor range this morning w/ the M&P .22 Mag

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glad you could get out Jason, even if "out" was "in."
My last visit to the range with the little .327, I was driven off by swarming honey bees, of all things.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I bought a M&P 2.0 in 22 simply because it was threaded.
It is by far my favorite can-equiped gun!
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Glad to see you up and shooting.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Guys!

I've become a big fan of the M&Ps, this is my third one. I have two of the full size 2.0s, one 9mm and one in 10mm. I prefer them over my Glocks, though I doubt I'd ever part with my G19 and 26.

Going to try to get some more .44 Specials loaded up this weekend and make the range trip again. There are two big and modern indoor ranges within a half hour of me, but since they've opened, the older one I went to last week isn't so full of goofballs doing stupid things. Plus, it's only $12 / hr/ !

jb 8)

Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Found of the M&P 2.0 myself. The 10mm was the last-duty weapon I bought when they changed the reg to allow 10mm. My wife bought the Walther .22Mag and it works well I thought about the M&P .22 Mag, but just never liked using the lightweight bullets. Glad to hear the report enjoy the range time.
It is not the critic who counts
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I have a CZ 452 that s just the opposite of the S&W. The heavier the bullet the better the groups are. I have a pretty good stockpile of .22 Magnum and will try a different brand of 40 gr. ammo. I haven't found that the CCI rimfires to be exceptionally accurate.
I was looking at the Walther when they came out, but when the S&W hit the market I knew which one I wanted. Just fits my hand better.

jb 8)

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

vancelw wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:19 am I bought a M&P 2.0 in 22 simply because it was threaded.
It is by far my favorite can-equiped gun!
Sounds real FUN... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "