Fedex or Ups ? UPDATE !!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Fedex or Ups ? UPDATE !!!

Post by Bullard4075 »

I'm sure this this been discussed (and cussed) before but I'm in a bit of a time crunch. I have to return my Ruger LCP II 22lr (discussed earlier on another thread viewtopic.php?t=88996) to Ruger. Tomorrow. Opinions on which (Fedex or UPS) is the preferred?? Thanks

UPDATE: I went with FedEx and had no problems. Sent the gun to Ruger Dec 2 and it came back today Dec 16 or 2 weeks, just what they said about turn around time. On the paper it said: Items Replaced: Firing Pin Spring,Hammer Assembly, and Slide Stop Spring. After Repair firearm was function fired 50 rounds of Aguila without malfunction. Can't go to the range today but expect on problems.
Last edited by Bullard4075 on Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Fedex or Ups ?

Post by vancelw »

Bullard4075 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:39 pm I'm sure this this been discussed (and cussed) before but I'm in a bit of a time crunch. I have to return my Ruger LCP II 22lr (discussed earlier on another thread viewtopic.php?t=88996) to Ruger. Tomorrow. Opinions on which (Fedex or UPS) is the preferred?? Thanks
I think the preference is very regional, depending on the service you get in your area.
Check their prices, then check to see what your FFL would charge to ship via USPS.
May or may not be cheaper.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I prefer FedEx due to UPS anti-gun practices plus I had a gun that I purchased online stolen while UPS had it. It was shipped Next Day Air and I tracked it to the UPS facility. From there it was put on a truck to go to the FFL I was getting it through. Two days later it still had not gone the 9 miles! The people I bought it from made it right but UPS never said a word about it. I was told by those I bought it from that it was not an uncommon occurrence. So I prefer FedEx. That is not saying you may not run into issues with them.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

A tip from Alaska. UPS and FedEx both had a lot of package theft between the bush villages and the Juneau to Anchorage run. Turned out there was an organized theft ring. One thing that deterred theft was to put a shipping label on all six sides of the box. That seemed to turn off the snatchers because those packages stuck out like a sore thumb. They couldn't hide them.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've had far more issues with FedEx and firearms than UPS! Everything from lost/stolen firearms, to damaged packages and firearms; to long delays and shipping times. I refuse to use FedEx ever, and if buying a firearm I always tell the seller I wont pay for shipping if they send it to me via FedEx. The last gun I bought this summer from an individual in Indiana I specifically told him no FedEx, and he ignored this. The gun made it to my city in 3 days, and I was excited that FedEx got it right! Then it sat either in a truck, or at FedEx for 5 days before it finally got delivered. Asked the driver what the heck happened and of course he wouldn't say.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I gotta say to be honest all three suck USPS UPS and FredEx . But I have to choose UPS . We’ve had stuff get destroyed on UPS and so far knock on wood always come out atleast breaking even . USPS and FredEx not so much .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

You need to update your information on shipping firearms through UPS or FedEx, as they both require shipping from a licensed dealer to another licensed dealer with an account at UPS and printed labels from a UPS business account.

UPS and FedEx are not gun friendly and should be avoided. USPS will ship long guns without a FFL to FFL requirement. Handguns do require a FFL to FFL transfer, but they don’t require second day air and are considerably cheaper than either UPS or FedEx.

This is the America we live in today…

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipp ... earms.page
leverman44
Levergunner

Post by leverman44 »

Been a while but last time I returned a gun Ruger would email you a paid Return label for the shipper they use. Most time it is FedEx.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I quit using UPS after this

BREAKING: UPS Cuts Off Gun Parts Retailers for Selling ‘Ghost Guns,’ Threatens to Seize and Destroy In-Transit Packages
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/break ... -packages/

UPS Threatens to Cancel Service for Most of the Gun Industry
https://www.ammoland.com/2022/09/ups-th ... -industry/

Edit - though it seems they may have backed up on their threats, I don't trust them.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've had guns shipped via UPS, FedEX & USPS, but the only time I've shipped guns, I used DHL back when they were still operating in CONUS. So... take your best guess.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Well I used FedEx. Took my package without a hiccup. Guess we will see.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper