Just as Reloading Supply Shortages are Easing - Hamas Attacks Israel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Just as Reloading Supply Shortages are Easing - Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by COSteve »

So, just as reloading supplies are coming back to life and the prices are fading, we have a second conflict that will put a further demand on primers, powder, bullets and brass. I expect that prices are going to turn up and availability is going to drop.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Just as Reloading Supply Shortages are Easing - Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Griff »

It's obviously a World Wide conspiracy to deprive us of reloading components!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I hope everyone is stocked up.
Steve
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm only low on my Winchester Large Rifle primers... and don't particularly want to switch to what's available right now. My local fun store is still limiting customers to 300 primers per purchase... and going back a few days later isn't much of a successful strategy!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Griff wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:47 am It's obviously a World Wide conspiracy to deprive us of reloading components!
I think so! :evil:
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

One world government peeking out with its ugly head :twisted:
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

the thought I've been having is that they'all might about to do the same thing here. the marxistcrats are sympathetic to and jealous of the murdering animals in Israel and would like to do the same to us. marxists have more in common with the murderers than with Americans.

My Question is WHERE WERE ALL THE GUNS AT THE BIG PARTY? IMAGINE GOING TO A BIG PARTY 20 FEET FROM HAMAS-VILLE UNARMED ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

just a passing thought, something about peace and safety, and sudden destruction . . .

grizz
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

People here walk around every day unarmed in areas that are clearly dangerous.
Some go so far as to leave their guns behind if there is a "No Firearms Allowed" sign.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Grizz wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:17 pm the thought I've been having is that they'all might about to do the same thing here. the marxistcrats are sympathetic to and jealous of the murdering animals in Israel and would like to do the same to us. marxists have more in common with the murderers than with Americans.

My Question is WHERE WERE ALL THE GUNS AT THE BIG PARTY? IMAGINE GOING TO A BIG PARTY 20 FEET FROM HAMAS-VILLE UNARMED ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

just a passing thought, something about peace and safety, and sudden destruction . . .

grizz
Just this afternoon, I read a news article on this very subject. There is no 2nd amendment in Israel, only about 2% of citizens own firearms and permits are very hard to come by. Article speculated maybe that will change soon.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

JimT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:34 pm People here walk around every day unarmed in areas that are clearly dangerous.
Some go so far as to leave their guns behind if there is a "No Firearms Allowed" sign.
Those are exactly the reasons I STAY OUT of cities!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:04 pm
JimT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:34 pm People here walk around every day unarmed in areas that are clearly dangerous.
Those are exactly the reasons I STAY OUT of cities!
I've noticed that my wife and I don't seem to go into downtown anymore as well. It's not so much that we're afraid but rather that the hassle with the homeless, druggies, panhandlers, and general decay of cities just has turned us off with them.

She's the one who use to want to live in the city for a year after we retired while I wanted to move into the mountains but we stayed in our valley close to both so we could enjoy them. However, we've gone into the mountains a lot more than in the city and haven't been to downtown in a couple of years now.
Steve
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Grizz wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:17 pm the thought I've been having is that they'all might about to do the same thing here. the marxistcrats are sympathetic to and jealous of the murdering animals in Israel and would like to do the same to us. marxists have more in common with the murderers than with Americans.

grizz
My take is that ironically, the music fest was likely attended primarily by liberal Global Citizen types. I wonder how many of those affected will experience a change in mindset and attitude about some things.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

samsi wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:23 pm

grizz
My take is that ironically, the music fest was likely attended primarily by liberal Global Citizen types. I wonder how many of those affected will experience a change in mindset and attitude about some things.
Here is a good news counterpoint, where an Israeli organized a defense and exterminated vermin . . . , and saved the villagers .
https://www.the-sun.com/news/9300866/is ... protected/

Bravo! Well Done!
proves the point that fore-armed is for life . . . it also proves that those calling for us to be disarmed want to give us the hamas treatment.
Last edited by Grizz on Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Grizz: I read about the woman who organized and led the response team. Too bad the press posted her picture. Dollars to donuts, her photo is now on a Hamas, Palestinian, etc., facial recognition data bank of targets/potential targets for terrorists.

As for israeli firearms laws, very few Israelis are permitted to have firerams --https://www.algemeiner.com/2023/02/27/f ... -gun-laws/

From the above link: "Israel’s Gun Laws: No Constitutional 'Right to Bear Arms'

"Recent figures published by the National Security Ministry indicate that barely 150,000 Israelis have a personal gun license, or some 2.6% percent of the entire adult population (15-64). This figure excludes weapons held by IDF soldiers, police officers, border guards, and other security personnel — as well as approximately 400,000 illegal firearms, the vast majority circulating in Arab communities.

"In 2023, the Knesset, Israel’s parliament, advanced legislation meant to tackle illegal firearm possession, and the Israel Police has carried out near-daily raids with an eye towards seizing illegal weapons.

"Israel’s Firearm Law of 1949 and its related ordinances do not recognize any 'right to bear arms,' and private gun ownership is subject to many restrictions. For one, civilians can only apply for a pistol, and rifles are wholly off-limits. Furthermore, as a general rule, civilians can have no more than 50 bullets in their possession at any given time."

See also: https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment ... ow-israel/
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

personally I feel the media and folks reactions are worse than the war. Those countries have been at each other for over half a century, there are a dozen wars occuring on the african continenet as well, and rebel insurgencies across the half the globe. Previously we called this 'news' and went about our lives. Now it seems to be called mass panic and a reason for 50 industries to jack prices and demand up.

Im really worried how easily polarized and spooked the media has people these days. Ever since covid seems the powers that be are rolling out these 'monsters of the week', its like batman episodes waondering who the new bad guy is.

For the record I was one of the dissenters during covid. I said whatever it is or does my fear is the middle class is going to lose its money, and it did. Price of living went crazy and the worlds richest didnt just get richer, they invented new levels of rich. We saved grandma but the next generation is getting the bill. My guess is every new emergency now is going to cost the middle class somethin. :roll:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"...Furthermore, as a general rule, civilians can have no more than 50 bullets in their possession at any given time..."

Wow.

Just wow.... :|

ISRAELI POLITICAL LEADERSHIP is basically an accomplice to this. How f-ing crazy and horrible to basically disarm citizens who are in a place where they are ALWAYS at risk for assault, often very heavy assault.

If they'd have been as armed as folks where I live, there'd have been a bunch of terrorists at least head-shot coming up to homes where residents were forewarned.

I just don't go anywhere guns are prohibited, ON PRINCIPLE.

I'd rather go to a dangerous place WITH a gun than a 'safe' gun-free zone unarmed. I don't want to patronize anti-gun places, and I tend to stay far away from dangerous places, so that means I NEVER go to gun-free zones unarmed. And since I tend to obey rules, that means I usually don't go to them armed, either.

Not much I feel I'm missing. I'm just a hillbilly anyway, and tend to avoid fancy cities and 'civilized' places.. :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "