Ruger 44 magnum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Ruger 44 magnum

Post by 4t5 »

Got my eyes on a vaquero cc & blue, and an original flattop ( unconverted ) .vaquero is excellent cond. Flattop shows it’s age but in good cond.
What do they sell for in your neck of the woods ?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Re: Ruger 44 magnum

Post by 765x53 »

Too much now but, even more later.
"The time to buy it is when you see it."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

765x53 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:52 pm Too much now but, even more later.
"The time to buy it is when you see it."
That’s a good answer actually.

For more concrete info look on gunbroker.com under COMPLETED auctions.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I was told years ago that "You can never spend too much for a good gun, a good knife, a good pair of boots, a good horse or a good saddle."
John Taffin told me ... also years ago, "Cheap is too expensive."
I have lived long enough to prove them both true.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Good advice.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

My dad grew up the son of a share cropper during the depression. Growing up, he always made comments of having to "Poor Boy It". Not necessarily a derogatory term, he only meant that you made things stretch or finding something that would work just as well than the premium item you would actually prefer. I am guilty of that to an extent, but I do try to treat myself when it comes to guns. You will always enjoy a gun more if you get what you want and have pride of ownership. Since then I have always saved my pennies and bought when I had the money to spend. My last pistol was the Ruger Flattop .44 SPL and I seriously doubt it will ever be sold.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Buy cheaper and cry forever! More expensive, buy once cry once ! :wink:
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

horsesoldier03 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:28 pm My dad grew up the son of a share cropper during the depression. Growing up, he always made comments of having to "Poor Boy It". Not necessarily a derogatory term, he only meant that you made things stretch or finding something that would work just as well than the premium item you would actually prefer. I am guilty of that to an extent, but I do try to treat myself when it comes to guns. You will always enjoy a gun more if you get what you want and have pride of ownership. Since then I have always saved my pennies and bought when I had the money to spend. My last pistol was the Ruger Flattop .44 SPL and I seriously doubt it will ever be sold.
Nothing wrong with that. I kinda wish I had stuck with some of the guns I started with. You can’t buy competence or scores anyway.
drjjpdc
Levergunner

Post by drjjpdc »

Here's one of mine, a long barreled .44 magnum, SS and rosewood grips. A great bowling pin revolver. :)

horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Sorry, didnt mean not to answer your question. I use GunBroker to help me figure out if I think I am getting a decent deal. I throw out high listings with NO BIDS.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firearms ... ageSize=24
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”