This has vexed me.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

This has vexed me.....

Post by Ray »

since I first read it. A long time forumite was piled upon/castigated/ostracized/shunned and impugned with gross dishonesty/fraud. That he was not scrupulously frank was obvious but at the same time, I simply cannot fathom a buyer being so incredibly and unreasonably effeminate about a few rust freckles on a $400 purchase.

https://www.levergunscommunity.org/view ... hp?t=75704

After that post I drug-out a few old fowling pieces that I had thought near pristine and examined them in bright sunshine. You guessed it ! Freckles here and there and whole patches of it under the forearms and in the hidden tang areas with the buttstock removed. Before the outdoor scrutiny, I could have very easily self-graded them 90% + in the gloom of the raycave and advertised them as essentially "rust-free" had I chosen them to be advertised for sale.

I cannot say I think about this everyday but it does come to mind from time to time and on this early a.m. some 1368 days since I first read it. I think it is entirely possible that the seller was not wholly independent in the sale with a spouse or sibling or an adult child acting as guardian/conservator due to the forum member being in his incognitive dotage. When "the butter slips-off the biscuit" as we say here in the deep south as slang for dementia/senility/alzheimer's/parkinson's, often times the truck keys and the guns are the first to go with no apologies to the buyers.

Think about this.....

If i remember his childhood photo avatar correctly with its 1948 date, then he'd be nigh-on eighty or older today so If old pete is still on this side of glory, I wish him well and have felt his pain in a sense as they say though in no way is it any of my legitimate business.
m.A.g.a. !
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This has vexed me.....

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I wasn’t around for this one. Thankfully.

That being said, I read through the thread and I see why you are bothered by it.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I've also wondered from time to time, what happened there. I had some interesting conversations with Pete over the years and if I remember correctly bought a couple of things from him. You never know what makes people do what they do or why. Health or financial issues can cause people to do things that would otherwise be totally out of character. Not to condone or defend, but stuff happens.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I dealt with Pete and conversed with him over the years. My suspicion is someone else was involved here in the dealings on his end.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

I don't recall seeing this at the time, but reading it over it's a bit surprising how fast the torches and pitchforks came out.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:59 pm I dealt with Pete and conversed with him over the years. My suspicion is someone else was involved here in the dealings on his end.
I wish you would have locked this like I asked.
No matter what was it’s in the past and not one of our shining moments. John got shafted on the deal and it was correct to alert us that the username Pete44ru was not a safe bet anymore. It doesn’t matter whether it was Pete or a family member that was the bad actor. Bringing this stuff up again is just pouring salt in John’s wound.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com