Ammunition supplies.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Ammunition supplies.

Post by AJMD429 »

I think it is safe to say the upcoming election, if it is even allowed to happen without a war, or a famine, or a pandemic, or an assassination being tossed into the mix to prevent it from even happening, is going to be one of the most contentious and politically pivotal ones ever, so, even without the war in Ukraine, I would expect ammunition to become difficult to obtain.

https://youtu.be/UoJbBl2tvSQ?si=t6VYoZ5OXxjKAWdC

This guy is probably right.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Ammunition supplies.

Post by JBowen »

Yeah, I think it would be wise to keep stocking up on ammo and components. There is a lot of things going on in this old world to warrant caution and preparedness.

JBowen
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JBowen wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:27 pm Yeah, I think it would be wise to keep stocking up on ammo and components. There is a lot of things going on in this old world to warrant caution and preparedness.

JBowen
i posted on a forum a couple of decades back that i think .22 ammo could some day be used as currency, before the curtain comes down. still on track for that scenario. dollar cost average works perfect for commodities.
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Grizz wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:00 pm
JBowen wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:27 pm Yeah, I think it would be wise to keep stocking up on ammo and components. There is a lot of things going on in this old world to warrant caution and preparedness.

JBowen
i posted on a forum a couple of decades back that i think .22 ammo could some day be used as currency, before the curtain comes down. still on track for that scenario. dollar cost average works perfect for commodities.
I agree. I am glad I started beefing up my ammo and components back when O'Bummer took office. I am pretty sure it has gained more value percentage wise than my 401K and pension ever has and it will continue.

JBowen
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Hmmmmm.... maybe I should start learning how to reload ammo. I wonder if an old guy like me can do that? And maybe I should get some rimfire and centralfire firearms besides my air guns?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:37 pm Hmmmmm.... maybe I should start learning how to reload ammo. I wonder if an old guy like me can do that? And maybe I should get some rimfire and centralfire firearms besides my air guns?
O Man! those are tough questions !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

That's been my mantra since forever. I'm gtg on all my reloading supplies for a long, long time thanks to an epiphany in early 2018 where I realized that things were not going to go well for the foreseeable future.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I’m thinking that I need to find a good source for my airgun pellets and stock up. Used to be you could buy a roll of cans from China. I wonder if those are still available?
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

The squabble between 2 ex soviet dumps, neither even a top 10 economy and its effect world economy, supply, price of living is IMHO a work even Vince Macmahon from the WWE would be proud of. What I see happening is a range of excuses money is leaving the worlds middle class at an astonishing rate and this includes the covid response.

Agree about ammo. Stock up while you can and while its affordable
Last edited by mickbr on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

Brass, copper and lead are all valuable commodities, it would benefit everyone to keep quality supplies at hand.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Not sure about buying any ammo, unless you don't reload? But it's always been a good idea to stock up on loading supplies, and long before it was a case of demand exceeding supplies!
As for pellets, I have found numerous airgun suppliers who sell average to high quality pellets in bulk packs of 500-1000-2500-5000 pellets. Of course the more you buy, the better the prices are.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/