Very Interesting Courses - all citizens should watch

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Very Interesting Courses - all citizens should watch

Post by AJMD429 »

The Hillsdale College stuff is awesome and so well presented - videos of the things we all 'should' have read as young kids durinng our education, but often missed due to distractions with sports or girls or booze or just focusing on our primary area of academics.

This is just ONE of many courses they have -
https://online.hillsdale.edu/courses/am ... ts-decline

Best of all - the segments are short and easy to watch and digest. I put them on my phone and even though they are 'video' there isn't usually much to see (just the speaker talking) so I blue-tooth them to my car radio while driving.

Between those and the ones Nick Frietas has done on the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, there is a bunch of stuff citizens should ALL have a basic understanding of.

https://youtu.be/_cNWwRBuGEE (Declaration of Independence)
https://youtu.be/jVZ8Jrj1NSo (Constitution)

If WE don't make sure our kids and grandkids LEARN this stuff, we as a nation and society are going to cease to exist within another decade.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
PriseDeFer
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Very Interesting Courses - all citizens should watch

Post by PriseDeFer »

A wonderful landing zone and fuel stop for your head and your heart. Well worth a donation, and sign up to get Imprimus, your soul will devour each issue.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Absolutely right.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Wow another good one - on "the vanishing middle class" - https://online.hillsdale.edu/courses/a ... ts-decline

Not just a diatribe, but a sound historical analysis. Very fascinating.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

It been observed before, but it's sometimes quite surprising that oftentimes it's immigrants who make the effort to gain citizenship to this wonderful land that appreciate the freedoms and rights we have as citizens... most likely because they required to study and understand the government & our history as adults... not young adolescents with our attention so fragmented we barely pay attention in school. I'd add that it's that same lack of adult understanding that makes Americans act so arrogant when overseas.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Thanks, I signed up.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper