Happy Independence Day!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Happy Independence Day!

Post by TedH »

As we celebrate the birth of our nation, it's a good time to reflect on how far we've come, and where we're headed as a country and pray we can get back to the principles of our founding fathers.
NRA Life Member
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Happy Independence Day!

Post by gamekeeper »

Wishing you all a great 4th of July from the losing side....... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

+1
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The Brits didn't lose John, ya just came in 2nd :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Actually, if you look at history, the best thing that can happen to a country is to lose a war to the US... Aye, it's not a constant, but... Japan & Germany are no worse off for being the losers.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thank you comrade!——006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Happy Independence Day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

As a patriot, I proudly fly my American flag on the 4th. Unfortunately ours is the only house of 20 on our street displaying the flag. I took a quick tour around our subdivision of over 300 houses, and there were only about a dozen that had a flag out front. What happened to patriotism? :shock:

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Shasta wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:37 pm As a patriot, I proudly fly my American flag on the 4th. Unfortunately ours is the only house of 20 on our street displaying the flag. I took a quick tour around our subdivision of over 300 houses, and there were only about a dozen that had a flag out front. What happened to patriotism? :shock:

Shasta
It seems rare anymore. We fly Old Glory 24/7!
20230704_151227(0).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It's a shame. I remember all the flags out after 9/11. Wish they had stayed. Now, living as I do in SC, being a much more conservative area, there are a lot more flags out year-round, and many put up a lot more decorations for Independence Day. :D :D :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:06 pm It's a shame. I remember all the flags out after 9/11. Wish they had stayed. Now, living as I do in SC, being a much more conservative area, there are a lot more flags out year-round, and many put up a lot more decorations for Independence Day. :D :D :D
Kid,
The ones who fly it “once in a while” are just being on the band wagon…..the ones who fly it 24/7 are patriots. Actually, I get the heebie-jeebies when I have to replace a worn out flag. I’m afraid people might notice those 7 minutes it takes me to change out,—-00

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:27 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:06 pm It's a shame. I remember all the flags out after 9/11. Wish they had stayed. Now, living as I do in SC, being a much more conservative area, there are a lot more flags out year-round, and many put up a lot more decorations for Independence Day. :D :D :D
Kid,
The ones who fly it “once in a while” are just being on the band wagon…..the ones who fly it 24/7 are patriots. Actually, I get the heebie-jeebies when I have to replace a worn out flag. I’m afraid people might notice those 7 minutes it takes me to change out,—-00
I'm with you Six. I fly the flag year-round, and it only comes down to replace it annually on flag day (the sun does a number on flags down here), or if we have a hurricane coming in.

BTW, I ignore President Dementia's half-staff orders. What a putz. :evil:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:15 pm
Kid, you want to get two years out a flag? I buy the best ones from Valley Forge flag company….$30 something…..

Go out a buy a can of clear spray lacquer and use the whole can on the flag…both sides with extra attention to the ends . Soak it, hit all of the threading. I’ve even used a can of clear spray adhesive which actually works better but its 3x the price of lacquer.—-006

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:21 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:15 pm
Kid, you want to get two years out a flag? I buy the best ones from Valley Forge flag company….$30 something…..

Go out a buy a can of clear spray lacquer and use the whole can on the flag…both sides with extra attention to the ends . Soak it, hit all of the threading. I’ve even used a can of clear spray adhesive which actually works better but its 3x the price of lacquer.—-006
Thanks Six. I only buy American-made US Flags with sewn stars (not just printed). I don't mind dropping money on a good flag. I will give Valley Forge flag company a whirl next time and try your suggestion on the lacquer.