Chiappa Wildlands .44 Mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Chiappa Wildlands .44 Mag

Post by Paul105 »

Chiappa Wildlands 16.5" threaded bbl .44 Mag, skinner peep and optics rail, fiber optic front. For load development mounted the Leupold 2.5 x 8.
Today before being run off by rain
Previously without the suppressor.
Don't know why but this is a really soft shooting rifle with or without the suppressor. Still work to do, but real happy so far.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chiappa Wildlands .44 Mag

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

It seems like just about everything comes with a threaded barrel these days. I wonder how long before suppressors are removed from the NFA and eliminated from the tax stamp / background check routine. I've had my head stuck in the sand for the last 10 years so I must have missed this whole transition.

I thought you HAD to have a suppressor over in Europe to hunt. Our laws are crazy sometimes ... based on movie propaganda I think.

Love that short barrel. I bet she swings on target really well. Well, maybe less so with the can hanging off the end.
Last edited by Rimfire McNutjob on Fri May 12, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's a sharp looking carbine. Love scout rifles, looks like a good shooter as well.

I keep waiting on the approval for my suppressor. Can't wait to put it on my Marlin CST.

By the way, that range looks like a great place to hang out!
Have fun!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

Very nice looking carbine. What suppressor is that?

If I thinking correctly the range is a very nice one----a old Schuetzen house with a lot of history sits to the right in the picture and the only down side is the range faces a bit east. If it's the range I'm thinking of, I've shot matches there several times.

Butte and Anaconda are two of my favorite places to shoot, both the ranges and the towns and surrounding area. Also has one of the best "little known" geology museums in the west.
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

ywaltzucanrknrl

Yes, it's the range you describe. The suppressor is a Rugged Obsidian .45 pistol suppressor - two configurations, so that you can have a shorter and lighter suppressor in seconds (the longer version is pictured above). It is rated for .44 mag but fixed barrel use requires a fixed barrel spacer along with the appropriate piston or a "fixed mount".

The 13.5x1 LH thread pitch of the Chiappa resulted in a bit of a challenge finding the appropriate thread adapter. Rugged offers a fixed mount but only in 9mm. If anyone goes this route, make sure the output end is the correct diameter for you cartridge. I got an adapter from hughesprecision.com (only goes up to .430) and had the rugged fixed mount opened up by a local smith. The Hughs adapter is the one used in the above pic.

Yes, the geology museum is great.

Paul
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

Very nice sir! I have a 20" barrelled Chiappa Alaskan in .44 mag and enjoy shooting it.

Scrummy