can't find the link

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

can't find the link

Post by Grizz »

to the online ballistics calculator that DOESN'T require you to pick from a 'library' and to know the BC.

the one i am looking for lets you put in whichever information you want and tabulates columns based on the yardage size and distance. i used to use it a lot and now i can't find it.

hopefully one of y'all will have it. thanks in advance !
Clipboard05.png
>> this is the calculator i'm looking for.....

BTW, this is the data I got when we shot Blaine's 10" BFR over a chrono. Same load exited guide gun at 1440, and exited the 32" H&R at 1520

those numbers in the TKO calculator are, ......... interesting. https://n4lcd.com/calc/

thanks,
grizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Re: can't find the link

Post by KWK »

I have used that calculator. The web site on which it was kept is gone, but the Web Archive has a copy you can still use, for it was coded to run as part of the web page instead of as a separate program on the web server. The screen formatting is a little rough, but I just tested it with the inputs you show and got the same results. You might be able to have your browser save a copy to your computer.

The "simplified" trajectory calculator at JBM works well, too.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

KWK,
Thank you very much for letting me know about that link to Handloads.com's old calculator. I use to use it all the time as a quick and easy way to assess my loads but when it went down years ago, I thought it was gone forever. Also, thank you for the link to JBM's calculator. I'll give that one a try as well.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Good links. Thanks for the info

Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

COSteve wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:21 am KWK,
Thank you very much for letting me know about that link to Handloads.com's old calculator. I use to use it all the time as a quick and easy way to assess my loads but when it went down years ago, I thought it was gone forever. Also, thank you for the link to JBM's calculator. I'll give that one a try as well.
once it's on the www it's never gone: https://web.archive.org/web/20160323215 ... loads.com/
Last edited by Twodot on Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

You might be able to have your browser save a copy to your computer.
No, that won't work. The Web Archive adds stuff to each page to allow one to navigate between archived versions.

I hadn't done any programming in a while, so I copied the code from the Archive's page and made a page on my web site. In doing so, I moved the input fields around and changed the comments and the default values. This needs further work, but you can get the same results as before.