RECIPE - Well, kind of - my style pancakes with a twist

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

RECIPE - Well, kind of - my style pancakes with a twist

Post by AmBraCol »

Here's a "Paul Style" recipe. I've cooked "dump and stir" for so long that most measurements are calculations by ojometro (eye meter).

Toss four to five eggs into a blender (preferably without the shells)
Add in a half cup of caramelized coconut (I run it through the coffee grinder first)
Add in a cup and a half of drained cottage cheese (if you can get it, use a similar amount of cuajada - a soft white cheese typical of latin america)
Cycle the blender until it all smooths out.
Add in a teaspoon of baking powder
Toss in a cup to a cup and a half of All Bran or similar dry cereal
Add a half cup of milk and again cycle the blender until it smooths out somewhat.

Now, take a LARGE serving spoon and drop spoonfuls of the batter onto a hot griddle, one spoonful to a pancake - anymore and you'll have problems flipping them. Now, here's the twist - sprinkle them with fresh blueberries (I can't believe what I paid for blueberries - but it's a once a year treat here) ASAP after dropping the batter and spreading it slightly. When the batter starts to show holes where bubbles pop instead of sealing up with raw batter, that's the time to flip them. Cook until done on the other side and serve with your choice of topping. A couple of chorizos on the side go down good too. :)

I tried strawberries blended with a bit of orange juice and rhubarb preserves then nuked in the microwave 'til they boiled a bit. Cool and serve over pancakes - you can keep left overs in the fridge for several days.

Freshly made imitation maple syrup is good too. :)

And I just may make it to the range today - if it doesn't cloud up again... will be shooting my Gamo CFX "levergun" (to keep it on topic) :D
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Re: RECIPE - Well, kind of - my style pancakes with a twist

Post by ceb »

Oh you rascal, here I am sitting at my desk starving because I didn't get up in time to eat before work, and I had to open this post. :roll: Sounds good, have some for me.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I make mine like giant oatmeal cookies (raisins included)....

Freshly ground coarse wheat flour, baking soda/powder, cinnamon, about half as much rolled oats as wheat, and some raisins. Oh yeah - a few eggs...

Serve plain, or with syrup (we tap our maples), vanilla ice cream, fruit (we grow peaches, blueberries, blackberries) or whatever.

Yum! :mrgreen:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

Try them with canned pumpkin, allspice, and cinnamon. Like a pumpkin pie pancake. IHOP serves these around the holidays. I like'em with MAPLE syrup, not Mrs Butterworth or Aunt Jamima stuff. Although molassas is pretty good.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

You guys work too hard.

I just add water :twisted:
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Meanc, I am with you, but I do add blueberries.. Also add 3 egg whites, whipped. Makes them light and fluffy!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

for pancakes I have found if you add egg in the same volume as pancake batter, you get a very rich pancake, actually a crepe. Wow it's good.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Paul- This recipe does not call for any flour? How does it stay together?

We add when available wild Ohelo berries and chopped Macadamia nuts. Kalo (taro) is also sometimes added to batter for a unique flavor. We also top off with coconut syrup for local flare.

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

GANJIRO wrote:Paul- This recipe does not call for any flour? How does it stay together?

We add when available wild Ohelo berries and chopped Macadamia nuts. Kalo (taro) is also sometimes added to batter for a unique flavor. We also top off with coconut syrup for local flare.

Hey Ji,

No, no flour - just the All Bran type cereal which has some amount of wheat in it. The eggs also add some binding. These are different from regular pancakes, moister and also not as spongy. The batter is VERY thick in the blender, I mix in cereal until it won't spin any more and sometimes poke it down with a spoon a time or 16 while using the pulse button to chop any errant sprigs of the all bran. Macadamia nuts would add a nice twist too. What I like is that it is relatively low carb and low sugar (the caramelized coconut killed part of the low sugar portion though)
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com