114's first challenge

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Post Reply
User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5902
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

114's first challenge

Post by marlinman93 »

The first law suit against Measure 114 in Oregon has been filed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvXNuD ... gtonGunLaw

I personally love that one of the plaintiffs in this suit is the Sherman County sheriff! I hope they quickly get an injunction until the case is heard, so this wont go into effect as planned on Dec. 8th.!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by kaschi »

Good luck! What they are trying to do is outrageously nutz!
User avatar
AJMD429
Posting leader...
Posts: 30654
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:03 am
Location: Hoosierland
Contact:

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by AJMD429 »

.
Nice that some of the LEOs in the Pacific Northwest are solidly pro-Second Amendment.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.


Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5902
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by marlinman93 »

I wish we'd never gotten to this point, as I had a discussion with a guy from Oregon Firearms Federation about why they didn't fight measure 114 harder to defeat it at the polls. He felt it was better to let it pass and then win it in the courts, which I disagree with. I think defeating it and having all those who gave money to pass it see their funds wasted was a better route.
Now we'll toss more money at a court battle, and hopefully win. But I also hope the courts put a cease order on implementing 114 while it works it's way through the system. Otherwise a lot of gun dealers will go bankrupt waiting for this to get worked out. Which is yet another reason this measure is illegal.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
User avatar
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3338
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:10 am
Location: pert-neer middle of Oregon

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by earlmck »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:49 am
Now we'll toss more money at a court battle, and hopefully win. But I also hope the courts put a cease order on implementing 114 while it works it's way through the system. Otherwise a lot of gun dealers will go bankrupt waiting for this to get worked out. Which is yet another reason this measure is illegal.
The two real gun stores in our town are just waiting to see if the judge will issue a "stay". If not they'll be closing down very soon. They are doing some serious business for these next few days until Dec. 8 however!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5902
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by marlinman93 »

earlmck wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:03 am
marlinman93 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:49 am
Now we'll toss more money at a court battle, and hopefully win. But I also hope the courts put a cease order on implementing 114 while it works it's way through the system. Otherwise a lot of gun dealers will go bankrupt waiting for this to get worked out. Which is yet another reason this measure is illegal.
The two real gun stores in our town are just waiting to see if the judge will issue a "stay". If not they'll be closing down very soon. They are doing some serious business for these next few days until Dec. 8 however!
Our monthly Oregon Arms Collectors show on Sunday was the most crowded I've ever seen for a monthly meeting yet. We will continue to have our monthly meetings regardless, but I expect this measure to really dampen attendance if it's not stopped. Just no way to conduct business, or sell anything except antique firearms once it is in place.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
User avatar
Blaine
Posting leader...
Posts: 30271
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Still Deciding

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:40 am .
Nice that some of the LEOs in the Pacific Northwest are solidly pro-Second Amendment.
Actually, most are. Especially if you get away from the I-5 corridor where all the population are (and they are 60%+ woke liberals).

In Washington, we are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Did you know that in WA every semi-auto long gun is now classified as an "assault gun"? And now we have PedoJoe who is probably going to try to do an EO to ban assault guns. Our gun-hating Gov Jay "commie" Inslee and his asinine rubber stamp Bob "What an idiot" Ferguson will be more than happy to jump on that bandwagon.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5902
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by marlinman93 »

Blaine wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:16 pm
AJMD429 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:40 am .
Nice that some of the LEOs in the Pacific Northwest are solidly pro-Second Amendment.
Actually, most are. Especially if you get away from the I-5 corridor where all the population are (and they are 60%+ woke liberals).
That's pretty much true for the entire West Coast. Even in California this mentality of liberal thinking is a strictly I-5 corridor thing. But it seems in the 3 West Coast states with extremely large population density along I-5 the liberals run the way each state votes, and conservatives in the small rural areas are stuck with whatever they push through.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by kaschi »

Time for some new western states: North California, East Oregon, East Washington.... and six new conservative US Senators. The way I understand it, states cannot secede from the US, however new states may be formed from existing ones. If this is true, and a state were to take the initiative of blazing that trail, I'm sure others would follow. The country would become overwhelmingly conservative.
User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5902
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by marlinman93 »

kaschi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:49 pm Time for some new western states: North California, East Oregon, East Washington.... and six new conservative US Senators. The way I understand it, states cannot secede from the US, however new states may be formed from existing ones. If this is true, and a state were to take the initiative of blazing that trail, I'm sure others would follow. The country would become overwhelmingly conservative.
the stumbling block to states dividing and forming a new state has always been the fact that the whole state has to vote on this, and the same liberals who control the populated areas West of the Cascades wont let it happen. If they did there would be a mass exodus to the East, and they fear the loss of workers would turn their little kingdoms into desert land soon!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
User avatar
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 10534
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by Grizz »

all the conservatives have to do is rig the vote machinery . . . NBD

biggest problem I see with the sub-state scenario is the loss of ports, that could be the actual deal-killer

kaschi
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by kaschi »

"Rig the voting machinery" is a modern way of doing what Stalin (it might have been Lenin) who said something along these lines: "It doesn't matter for whom the ballots are cast. What matters is who counts the ballots."
User avatar
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 10534
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by Grizz »

kaschi wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:02 am "Rig the voting machinery" is a modern way of doing what Stalin (it might have been Lenin) who said something along these lines: "It doesn't matter for whom the ballots are cast. What matters is who counts the ballots."
EXACTLY. the vote is already rigged. that's why we get the results we get. the marxists count the ballots.
User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5902
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by marlinman93 »

The Oregon Supreme court denied the State's appeal of the Harney County judge's stay on Measure 114. So as of now the measure is on hold, and will not begin as planned. Another hearing is planned for Dec. 13th, so we'll see what happens at that time and place.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
jdad
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3418
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:55 am
Location: Oregon

Re: 114's first challenge

Post by jdad »

Here's the map showing the county by county result.

5 out of 36 counties are the reason all propositions like this pass. Population density of the left is the reason. Oregon is a red state, but for these counties.


https://gov.oregonlive.com/election/202 ... l/measures



*******
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Post Reply