Winchester 62A

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester 62A

Post by Pat C »

Had the 62A out today, fired this 10 round group at 25 yrd s with Fiocchi 22 LR. Groups printed to right with sights centered . I believe the rear sight being stamped is canted to the right. Group shot kneeling with improvised rest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Winchester 62A

Post by Oldncrusty »

Sharp gun! Nice work. I had a couple pumps out too while sighting in the deer rifle.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That surely is minute of rabbit right there. I need to get my 1906 to the range, even with her iffy bore, to see what she will do.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

can you adjust the rear sight? if not the front sight if dovetailed. I have a win 69a which is boltaction and it also is a tack driver.I have mine scoped. bought it with paper route $$ money when i was 14 am 77 now. those old 22's shot great even the cheap ones.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Yeah it will drift over but original sights are plentiful and fairly cheap .I think Ill try to find a straight one first so I can keep sights centered. If all else fails I tweek this one a little.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Very nice-looking Winchester pump, Pat C! I have a model 61 which I've had in my posession longer than any of my other guns. Those were the golden years.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

One of these days the stars will align and Ill have a model 61.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Everything good now , 10 shots improvised rest 100 5x's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.