COST OF 22 RIMFIRE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paco
Site Owner

COST OF 22 RIMFIRE

Post by Paco »

WHAT IS THE BULK COST OF 22 RIMFIRE AMMO AND THE BRAND IN YOUR AREA....

WALKAWAY-MART :cry: WINCHESTER H.P. WAS 8 BUCKS/500 THREE MONTHS AGO.. NOW IT IS $15.
REMINGTON GILDER ROUNDNOSE $8 THREE MO.s AGO NOW IT IS $15.

CATALOG PRICES... :o FOR AQUILA SSS/500 THREE MONTHS AGO $25 TODAY $35...
FOR AQUILA SUPER COLIBRE...... $20 NOW 29 DOLLARS FOR 500.
AND IT IS GOING TO GET WORSE STOCK UP..... PACO
PACO/OWNER
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Re: COST OF 22 RIMFIRE

Post by RSY »

$14 - $15 a brick around here, too.

Scott
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

bout the same here too. Nice to see you here Paco, you have been in my prayers as well as your family.

THANK YOU .... PACO
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Same as your area.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I just bought a couple of boxes of 550ea Federal bulk @ my local WallyWorld for $11.50 each - was $7.99 a year ago.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've been buying up rimfire for a while now. BTW, your (Paco's) Acu'rzr tools will help get the most from the cheaper issues. A case of Winchester PowerPoints is now up $50, just since this past spring, to over $300!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Yep, you're right, I've bought about 2500 rds. of the cheap stuff.
I need a tool. gon2order :mrgreen:
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Just sent Paco a check for an acurizer. I remember as a pup my dad fed us many time with a 22.
I get carried away somtimes with them big ol boolits, but if I got a critter in the yard at night I grab a 22.

I've been buying them high dollar bullets that cost more than reload 357s.
I know a 22 will take a Colo. elk (statute of limitations) :D
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I stocked up, on Wolf MT, early last year and averaged about .065 per round. It's up to about .10 per round today. I bought a couple of bricks of Federal Champions, for $13.75/brick, about 4 months ago just to use for plinking.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hobie wrote:I've been buying up rimfire for a while now. BTW, your (Paco's) Acu'rzr tools will help get the most from the cheaper issues. A case of Winchester PowerPoints is now up $50, just since this past spring, to over $300!
.22LR is $20 a brick (500) around here!

What do the Acu'rzr's really do - someone please enlighten me...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Alturas, CA

Winchester Super X .22LR Power Point, 40gr Lead Hollow Point (X22LRPP)

Two gun stores in town -- only stores in town that sell ammo.

Highest volume gun store -- $35.50 per brick of 500 ($355 per case of 10 bricks)

Lowest volume gun store -- $37.50 per brick of 500 ($375 per case of 10 bricks)

Both stores will give a $10 discount if you buy a whole case.
Last edited by Modoc ED on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ED
Yer never too old
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Here around Tampa, they go for $12.00 for Fed. Champ. 550ct

CCI Stingers are at $5.50 for 50ct
CCI Mini Mags are $5.50 for 100ct

Maxi Mags are around $10.50 50ct
Win xpert are about $9.00 50ct
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

We pay $35 for the Fed bulkpak of 525, CCI runs to about $6-$7 for 50 and most of the Winchester stuff is $4-$6.
I don't know whether our high price is due to the gooberment ripping us off or dealers ripping us off. I just know its legal to steal from people if you do it the right way :x .
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I try to catch the sales, and will usually pick up a brick (500) of anything if it is lower than $10. Need to feed the plinking!!! :D
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Here at the shop:

Aguila SSS: $4.69/50rnd box
CCI Blazer: $18.99/525rnd bulk pack
Blazer: $1.79/50rnd box
Win Wildcat: $1.89/50rnd box

Hornady 17HMR 17gr Vmax: $11.99/50rnd box
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

AJMD429 wrote:
Hobie wrote:I've been buying up rimfire for a while now. BTW, your (Paco's) Acu'rzr tools will help get the most from the cheaper issues. A case of Winchester PowerPoints is now up $50, just since this past spring, to over $300!

Acu'rzr
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
3t-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3t- »

My local Cabela's has Federal 36 grain copper-plated hollow points in the 525 count box on sale for $12.99 per box.
I may run out a get a couple boxes even thought I've got 5000 or so left on the shelf. :D
regards

3T
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Remington Golden .22's, box of 550 - on sale now at Walmart - $11.00.
Let's see, 6 x 550 = ... whatever, it's worth it.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

In Salina, Ks I bought a case of 5500 rounds (10 bulk packs of Federals 36 Gr.) for 115.00 They were 8.98 a brick not long ago.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

NATCHEZ SHOOTERS SUPPLY is running a sale on .22 ammo, see if it works for you.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

With another 22 coming my way next month I guess I need to get to Waly World and and load up before the price goes up to much more. Then I need to get off my but and get one of those Acu'rzr's to make the most out of the cheap stuff.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

You got me a little spooked for a minute there. Went to a couple places, ACE Hardware and Pamida, both run a little high, but they were $19.97 a brick. Then I went to Walmart and was able to get a Brick of Federal 550 rds for $11.50. I still had one brick that hasnt been used that much, but its always nice to have those on hand. I honestly plan to build up a decent reserve.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
jerry b
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jerry b »

They go from 12-16 bucks per brick, depending on the manufacturer. Of course, my .22s like the more expensive stuff.

What kind of shelf-life do .22s have in a cool, dry environment?
ByronG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ByronG »

AJMD429 wrote:

Not a user but I understand that it alters (increases) the bullet diameter and changes the nose profile.
http://www.leverguns.com/store/acurizer.htm
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Moynihan
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

jerry b wrote:They go from 12-16 bucks per brick, depending on the manufacturer. Of course, my .22s like the more expensive stuff.

What kind of shelf-life do .22s have in a cool, dry environment?
I would think that properly made and stored they would last a lifetime. I shot some Grandpa had bought in the 1930s. Sure fire and killed a couple of groundhogs with them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Hobie,
I know they don't have the punch for hunting that PowePoints do, but I find that Winchester Dynapoints are very accurate for bulk ammo in my Savage MKII. Like everything else, they are increasing in price. I ordered a case online (I can't find them locally) a couple of months ago for $144 plus $11 shipping. A week later the same shop had more than doubled :o their price to $299 per case.

The best deal going for cheap ammo these days is Federal Champion 510 at WalMart. Mine sells it for $12.80 a brick (last year it was $9.99). It shoots almost as well as the Dynapoint in my Savage. The Dyanpoints don't seem to go supersonic which probably accounts for the increased accuracy, even though they are rated at 1150 fps. The 510's are rated at 1200 fps and sound like they make it from the crack when you shoot them.

Yesterday I ordered another case of Dynapoints, but the cheapest I could find them was $185 plus $30 shipping. I really like the Dynapoints for punching paper at the range. I do keep a brick of Powerpoints around for hunting though.

I need to order an Acurizer from Paco and try it on the Dynapoints and Federal 510's
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Seems all ammo is higher now.The cost of copper is up alot but theres not
much on 22 bullets.I think its a case of monkey see monkey do.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Last time I bought a brick of CCI Blazers they were about $18.00. But I swore them off because they were sticking so much in my 39A. After changing the extractor twice, I got the impression they were sticking in the chamber because they expanded due to being relatively hot loads. So I've tried a couple brands of subsonic.

Remington was "ok" but one I liked better is the heavy bullet load from Aquila. I think it's a 60 grain bullet. It has a short brass case and the bullet is about as long as the case. I like it but it's over $4.00 a BOX OF 50!

Now I know you're saying hey, what's money to a guy like you. But if I can load some 30-30 for about the same price, maybe I will just do that. Knocking stuff around at 30-40 yards, that's why I got an airgun.

As it happens, in LA County, the .22 is now useless for hunting. So I'm a little down on it.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Steve Collins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steve Collins »

I've still got my old Hanned Tool for my .22 rounds; but, I definitely need to buy a few more cases! I'll have to see how much they are around here, there's a few places having sales this weekend...
Draw quickly, shoot accurately!
S&L Training
www.sandltraining.com

NRA Life Member
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Brick, brick? Back in my day, they built houses with them. Ten 50-round boxes of .22 rimfire cartridges came in a cardboard container called a carton. There are 37 of these cartons varying in age, manufacturer, and description stacked up in my closet now. At my age, I don't think I need to buy any more...
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

sobenk wrote:Remington was "ok" but one I liked better is the heavy bullet load from Aquila. I think it's a 60 grain bullet. It has a short brass case and the bullet is about as long as the case. I like it but it's over $4.00 a BOX OF 50!
That would be Aguila Sniper Subsonic:

It penetrates really well. It needs a 1:9 twist rate (or there abouts) to keep from key holing though. It key holes out of my Savage but doesn't out of my Browning Buckmark pistol. I do have stove pipe problems with this ammo on the Buckmark. But then again, most ammo stove pipes in my Buckmark . :cry: Guess I need a good .22 revolver.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

Just got back from a regional gun show. Brick of 500 Remington 40 gr. lead was $19.95. Brick of 550 Remington 36 gr. copper HP, loose packed, was $16.95. I think I saw $15.00 for a brick of 400 at Academy a couple of days ago.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Nordsee
Levergunner

Post by Nordsee »

Hallo!

Prices for boxes of 500 rounds:
CCI Standard, Euro 24,50 = US-$ 38,22
CCI Mini Mag, Euro 35,00 = US-$ 54,60
Remington Standard, Euro 18,00 = US-$ 28,08
Winchester Western HP, Euro 18,50 = US-$ 28,86
Boxes of 5000 rounds cost about 10% less.
All prices including VAT.

Greetings
Nordsee
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

But the question remains....WHY such a dramatic jump??? I can see it with military calibers..considering all the armed conflict going on....thus lack of "surplus's.....but .22 rimfire all but doubling??? Come on...... can you say GOUGING????
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

According to the manufacturers at the last SHOT SHOW I got to go too it has something to do with the price of metals being so high. The last two cases of Remington HPs in bulk packs (5000rds) I bought were $139 and the cost has gone up drastically in the year I have been gone. Stored dry, in air tight cans, in a cool area, it should last a long time. Mine are in US Gov ammo cans, with a cloth liner, loose.
It is not the critic who counts
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

OK, I can see that..lead and metals in general have gone up quite a bit. Bummer....
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

OK. I just got back from WallyWordl and they had the Federal, loose pack, 550 ct, copper-nose 36gr HP for $11.97. Bought a couple of bricks to shoot in my new Mark III.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

Just went up from 11.97 to 13.47 here for a federal box of 550 rounds at WallyMart...
Last edited by The Lewis on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Molon Labe
mudgunner49
Levergunner

Post by mudgunner49 »

I just picked up 8 more 550 bulk packs of Federal at W-Mart here for $11.97. I'd better go grab more before they go up again...
41_Marlin
Levergunner

Post by 41_Marlin »

5th August 2008 --- St Pete, Florida

All 22 ammo prices at Walmart increased 15% today.

Bummer. Should have stocked up last week. I was actually inline to make
a purchase, then got a call for help and left. Went back today and the prices were
all 15% higher. Manager said better stock up, she expects to raise them again next
month.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Wally World Guthrie OK

Winchester white box 36 grain Hp... just at $13/500
They had some Remington for $15...
Federal was around $13 too.

Anyone know were there is some Peters 40 gr Rn lead around. I used to buy it at Meijers up north... have not seen it in OK.
I have a auto pistol that likes it alot.

BTW... do all Wal mart clerks ask if your ammo is for a handgun?

Jeff
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Hillbilly wrote:BTW... do all Wal mart clerks ask if your ammo is for a handgun?

Jeff
I believe the cash register prompts them to ask this when they ring it up. Apparently you can purchase rifle ammo if 18, but must be 21 to purchase handgun ammo.

Kinda stupid since most popular pistol cartridges have rifles chambered in the same caliber.

Of course they never ask me because I look like the clerks grandfather :lol:

Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

CCI Blazer was $8.90 a brick about 6-months ago, and now it's up to $14.90 for the same thing. :shock:
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
cat1870
Levergunner

Post by cat1870 »

At Wally-World it's $13.97 for Federal. That's 550 rds.
Gone up twice within the last year when it was $9.97.
Burnin powder.....
What gun should I shoot today??
Ron Macy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Ron Macy »

I buy 1,000 rounds a year for each grandchild. 500 for Birthdays and 500 for Christmas. The Christmas expenditure is about $50 more a year than it was a couple of years ago. The girls like to shoot as much as the boys.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

At WallyWorld this morning, Federal 550 rd were $13.47. Remington 550 rd $15.47.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I haven't even looked at the cost of .22 ammo for a couple of years. Don't shoot much of it anymore, especially with the ban on lead down at the ranch. We have several thousand .22 LRHPs down there, but are afraid to kill squirrels with 'em, especially within earshot of the county rd. I guess that the squirrels will just take over. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
ba_50
Levergunner

Post by ba_50 »

I bought a lot of Federal Champions at Walmart in Kewanee IL for 1.28/50. They raised it to $1.67. In Peoria, it was $1.47/50. Guess they thought they could gouge me. I hope it is still 1.28 in Florida. The 1.67 stuff can sit there.

The price of metal is going down.
revolverjunkie
Levergunner 1.0

Post by revolverjunkie »

its runing about 15 a brick for fed here in STL
Your friends might get me in the rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe. Tombstone.

when guns are banned there will be two groups with guns the government and outlaws.
I intend to be among the outlaws
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

$19.99 for 550 Remington hollow point high power in Phoenix at big 5 sporting goods
6.99 for 12 gu. or 20 gu. game load shot shells.
Can not make out shot size but there is a picture of a dove on the box, that should be indicative