She has been the queen all my life

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

She has been the queen all my life

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I send my heartfelt condolences to our friends in the United Kingdom and throughout the Commonwealth. Elizabeth bore her burden of rule with perfect grace.
Now Charles gets his moment on the stage, and I wish him well.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: She has been the queen all my life

Post by 2ndovc »

Well said Bill.
Goodbye dear Lady,
Long live the King!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you Bill, as I said over on politics, her Majesty was always a keen supporter of hunting shooting and fishing, a pity so few prime minister's followed her lead.
She did a great job promoting the UK abroad and wether you like royalty or not she was a fantastic and hard working Head of State RIP.
I still remember the street party we had for her coronation, I was four years old.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Travel well Queen Elizabeth. Godspeed. Thanks for making our world a better place. Heal well all who mourn her passing.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

HM Queen Elisabeth II became queen the year I was borne. I have a had a great respect for her as long as I remember.

I give my most heartfelt condolences to all people of the UK.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Tycer pretty well says it all. I mourn her passing and think that Britain was lucky to have a leader such as she (and as opposed to what we have here over the pond).

Heck, I wasn't born when she ascended the throne. Not too many years off though
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

ditto

Old school dignity.

How many politicians in the former colonies can show a picture of themselves in coveralls, working on a truck to help the war effort?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Was just watching the Sex Pistols video "God Save The Queen" on youtube -- from 1976 or 77 . no real point i guess, except - same queen until today i suppose --

That lady had staying power
----- Doug
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

She had grace and intelligence and humility.

Few other 'leaders' these days have any of those qualities.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:23 pm .
She had grace and intelligence and humility.

Few other 'leaders' these days have any of those qualities.
+1

Precious few. A nice legacy for her would be if more global leaders adopted the same. I am not holding my breath though.

What a hectic first week for Liz Truss! :shock:
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

A few days ago at Balmoral

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."

Princess Elizabeth, 1947
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

If you believe in the "Rainbow Bridge," think of all the corgis licking her face with joy ...
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

May she rest in eternal peace, and my condolences to our friends in Great Britain.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

+1 to all of the above.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I do not need to be British in order to admire her. She had many great qualities, and she helped steer the World through some tough times. I have never heard a bad word about her, and certainly will not allow anyone to malign her in my presence. Few who are forced onto the World Stage can carry it off with grace and humility. She did for over 70 years.
May GOD reward her.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Griff wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:18 pm +1 to all of the above.
Yes, well said above.

I will play the old English WWII tune "Bless Em All" in her memory this evening.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

She trained as a mechanic and truck driver at age 18 in 1944.Always thought that was interesting. She was an experienced horseback rider too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A Royal Unlike Those of Today
https://patriotpost.us/articles/91192-a ... 2022-09-09
Douglas Andrews

At the risk of reaffirming Yankee boorishness, we'll note that the last time we Americans paid much attention to the British crown was when we threw it off back on July 4, 1776. Having said that, Queen Elizabeth II passed away yesterday, and in so doing ended the British Royal Age.

No, not officially. Her eldest son, the former Prince Charles, is now King Charles III. But Charles III is no Elizabeth II — not even close. And the class and quiet dignity with which the queen conducted herself during seven decades on the throne — an era that spanned 14 U.S. presidents, from Harry Truman through Joe Biden — stand in stark contrast to the drama, the narcissism, and the scandal that have marked the lives of many of her progeny. As our Mark Alexander wondered this morning, "Any chance they could skip a generation and go straight to Prince William?"

No such luck, we're afraid. In a tweet, of all things, Charles broke the news to the world:

The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty the Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family. We mourn profoundly the passing of a cherished Sovereign and a much-loved Mother. I know her loss will be deeply felt throughout the country, the Realms and the Commonwealth, and by countless people around the world.

Queen Elizabeth II lived 35,204 days, but even on the penultimate one she was there at her beloved Balmoral Castle in Scotland, meeting with the incoming Conservative prime minister, Liz Truss, who became the 15th prime minister of a remarkable reign that began with Winston Churchill.

Elizabeth had greatness thrust upon her at 25, when, on February 6, 1952, during a trip to Kenya, she learned of the death of her father, King George VI, and of her immediate succession to the British throne. During her youth, she had no doubt learned a thing or two about British pluck and resolve from her dad. How so?
During the Nazi Blitz of London from September 1940 till June 1941, she and her younger sister, Margaret, were sent 23 miles away to the hinterlands of Windsor. But the king stuck around, knowing how important it was for him to be seen. In doing so, he endured along with his fellow Londoners some 28,000 high explosive bombs and more than 400 parachute mines that rained down on and around the city. Keep calm and carry on, as they say.

As The New York Times writes:

At her coronation on June 2, 1953, a year after she acceded to the throne, she surveyed a realm emerging from an empire of such geographical reach that it was said the sun never set on it. But by the new century, as she navigated her advancing years with increasing frailty, the frontiers had shrunk back. As Britain prepared to leave the European Union in 2020, a clamor for independence in Scotland was rekindled, potentially threatening to narrow her horizons yet further.

The Times continued: "In 1992, Prince Charles and his immensely popular wife, Diana, agreed to separate, as did Prince Andrew and his wife, Sarah Ferguson. Elizabeth's second child, Princess Anne, divorced her husband, Mark Phillips, the same year. Coupled with a series of other upheavals, the queen labeled 1992 her 'annus horribilis.'"

"Conscientious, hardworking, and self-disciplined," write the editors at National Review, "and with a life apparently free from scandal, Elizabeth rarely put a foot wrong. She did her best to ensure (with occasional, discreetly phrased exceptions, such as over Scottish independence) that she kept clear from revealing anything about her political views, exercising a discretion that, like so many of her other qualities, has not been so apparent in her successor, King Charles III."

If we Americans, we rebellious colonists, can remember Queen Elizabeth II for one thing, let it not be the vile, vicious parting shots from hate-filled leftists such as Carnegie Mellon professor Uju Anya. "I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying," said Anya. "May her pain be excruciating."
These people are sick indeed.

Instead, let us remember the moment during which Elizabeth broke with 600 years of British tradition to help soothe us during a moment of unspeakable grief. As The Guardian reported on September 14, 2001:

More than 3,000 people including hundreds of Americans gathered outside Buckingham Palace yesterday to hear the Star Spangled Banner performed in an unprecedented alteration to the changing of the guard ceremony.

The Queen ordered the change to the daily ceremonial parade to show solidarity with the United States in the wake of Tuesday's terrorist strikes. Prince Andrew, representing his mother, was joined by the US ambassador to Britain, William Farish, for the 45-minute ceremony.

As the band of the Coldstream Guards began the US national anthem hundreds in the crowd sang along while others wept, before observing a two-minute silence.

May Her Majesty rest in peace.