OT Opinions on United Sporting Arms Revovlers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

OT Opinions on United Sporting Arms Revovlers

Post by The Lewis »

A local gun shop has one for sale used, a quick-kit Seville with 44mag and 45colt barrels and cylinders. Deep rich bluing, looks great but I have never heard of them, what do you folks think about the quality of these firearms?

Any tales of wonder or woe would be appreciated, thanks in advance...
Molon Labe
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT Opinions on United Sporting Arms Revovlers

Post by Hagler »

The Lewis,

I'd never heard of them, until you mentioned them. Here is what "Google" turned up:

http://www.auctionarms.com/Help/Forum/D ... ectID=5906

http://www.singleactions.com/UnitedSportingArms.html

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ask over at http://single-actions.phpbb3now.com/index.php and you'll likely get the answers you seek. A couple of the guys are really into Sevilles and IIRC one of the posters is related to the original manufacturer.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Monte
Levergunner

Post by Monte »

What is the price they are asking? I have seen them all over the board. In excellent shape they are worth five to six hundred. If blued they should have the best bluing you have ever seen. Like a colt python. The action is also very smooth, like a custom gun. Must people describe them as a custom Ruger. I have had four of them. Loved them, shot them and sold them for more then I paid for them.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

They are excellent, excellent revolvers. They do have a couple quirks and parts are hard to find, but I enjoyed the Sevilles and the Abilene I used to have.

I, too, am curious what they are asking. If you pass on this one, I would love a shot at it. I've always wanted a quick-kit. If you don't pass on it, then you are obligated to give us good pictures! :D

steve@groundwaterresourcespllc.com
.........THE TWINS..........

Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

The USA Seville is like a Ruger Blackhawk that's been worked over by a good gunsmith. They are fine revolvers.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

$1000.00, it looks like what is pictured above minus the .357 set. What do you think 'o that price, I read that there were only 150 quick kit guns made. Cubrock, what quirks do you refer to? I'm going to go look at it again Monday and decide, I'll let you know if I pass on it, or post some pics... :mrgreen:
Molon Labe
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

The Lewis wrote:$1000.00, it looks like what is pictured above minus the .357 set. What do you think 'o that price, I read that there were only 150 quick kit guns made. Cubrock, what quirks do you refer to? I'm going to go look at it again Monday and decide, I'll let you know if I pass on it, or post some pics... :mrgreen:

They are very fine guns, but I had problems with the transfer bar on one of mine. Their design for it can make them prone to breakage if they aren't fitted correctly. If you do have problems, parts are a bear to find (ask me how I know). Still, if I had $1K, I'd probably buy a quick kit set. They are neat and rare.

I liked all my US Arms guns. Used to have 4 and quirks aside, they were very fine guns.
.........THE TWINS..........