USPS Form 1508

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

USPS Form 1508

Post by Mainehunter »

Can anyone shed some light on form 1508? I know what it's for but as a non FFL license holder and I don't manufacture firearm parts, I don't think I need to fill one out if I'm shipping it to an FFL licensed dealer, correct? Thanks!

Mainehunter
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: USPS Form 1508

Post by Pisgah »

Correct, but just to be sure -- you know you cannot mail a handgun, right? Only long guns, and only to a dealer, manufacturer, or yourself -- no transfers.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

I have with handguns in the past when I'm sending them out for repair or custom work. And I have sent them based on what the gunsmiths instructed me to do.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

My understanding of the law as I read it is there zero circumstances under which an individual can use USPS to mail a handgun anywhere. I could be wrong, it's happened before!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I sent a prepaid mailing label around 1980 or so to mail a handgun back to Arcadia Machine and Tool, the manufacturer. I don't remember if it was UPS or USPS.

A suppressor was also handled rather casually then I had my Mystic (LibertyCans) upgraded to "Infiniti" specs. My "9mm take-apart pistol can" now is rated up to 300 Win Mag... :shock: 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "