I Am Putting In A Plug For Our Own Steve Young

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

I Am Putting In A Plug For Our Own Steve Young

Post by JimT »

Most of you know Steve (Nate Kiowa Jones) and his business, www.stevesgunz.com. And quite a few of you have had work done by him. When I was working on the Rossi this past few weeks he was a huge help with information when I ran across something I did not know how to fix. His DVD "ROSSI 92" was a big help. I have worked on Rossi's in the past but he had some tricks that sure makes things easier.

And he has parts. The one thing I change immediately on a Rossi is the magazine follower. Rossi uses a yellow plastic one and it just looks ugly and out of place when you open the action, look into it and see that yellow eye staring at you. Steve has nice stainless steel followers to replace the plastic. He told me that the plastic can swell from solvents/oils and that is one reason he replaces them.
IMG_3211.JPG
IMG_3213.JPG
He also has other parts .. like this ejector spring.
IMG_3214.JPG
The Rossi spring works but it's a long stronger than you need and will toss your brass into the next county. Well .. a long ways off. Mine did. The lighter spring makes a difference. If you need a part for your Rossi levergun or you're having a problem with one that you don't know how to solve, give him a call or send him an email. He's one of the good guys and will point you in the right direction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I Am Putting In A Plug For Our Own Steve Young

Post by .45colt »

Even Rossi couldn't Hurt the model 92 very much . I have Steve's video and bought the parts . I am not gifted in any way but I got mine apart and back together and all is well. Steve is Proof that what John Browning built can only be improved. Thank You Steve.!
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

.45colt wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:00 pm Even Rossi couldn't Hurt the model 92 very much . I have Steve's video and bought the parts . I am not gifted in any way but I got mine apart and back together and all is well. Steve is Proof that what John Browning built can only be improved. Thank You Steve.!
+1
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I've been completely happy with the parts and the videos I have bought from Steve over the years. He just told me to send him the carrier from the 1950 Marlin for a little heat adjustment to try to cure the Marlin jam. I am thankful.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

The 454 Casull forum, many years ago, already had a source of custom aluminum mag followers for the 454 Casull model Rossi's. Steve's are even better! I went through 9 pages of search, could not even find our old forum by TwoGun Tom.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Smoothest leveraction I own is one Steve did for me. He also spruced up my father's "Centennial 1960" back to fighting form and I gave it to Y2K. :D

The man is an artist! :D :D :D