Kentucky state-wide chorus competition

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Kentucky state-wide chorus competition

Post by CowboyTutt »

Some good news for a change. Forwarded to me by a friend. God Bless the choir students of Kentucky!!! Did I say I was also a high school choir boy??? -Tutt

Makes You Proud!

Check this out. Understand all the kids are in a Kentucky state-wide chorus competition and are staying at the hotel.

They come out of their room to the balconies before curfew and sing the anthem each night they are there for the competition.

Seems this happens every year during this competition.

500 high school choir students sing the U.S. National Anthem in a high-rise hotel.

Each night before curfew, they gather to sing the Star-Spangled Banner from the balconies of the 18-story atrium at Louisville 's downtown Hyatt

This is part of the Kentucky Music Educators convention.

You can’t help but get goose bumps when you hear them sing.

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/ anthofius3
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Kentucky state-wide chorus competition

Post by Blaine »

Astounding.....Inspiring.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Surprised some snowflakes weren't 'triggered' and tried to get them evicted...maybe there's hope after all.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I don't think many of us know the history of this anthem, and why the words were chosen. Its actually history is rather breath-taking if you ask me.
On a rainy September 13, 1814, British warships sent a downpour of shells and rockets onto Fort McHenry in Baltimore Harbor, relentlessly pounding the American fort for 25 hours. The bombardment, known as the Battle of Baltimore, came only weeks after the British had attacked Washington, D.C., burning the Capitol, the Treasury and the President's house. It was another chapter in the ongoing War of 1812.

A week earlier, Francis Scott Key, a 35-year-old American lawyer, had boarded the flagship of the British fleet on the Chesapeake Bay in hopes of persuading the British to release a friend who had recently been arrested. Key's tactics were successful, but because he and his companions had gained knowledge of the impending attack on Baltimore, the British did not let them go. They allowed the Americans to return to their own vessel but continued guarding them. Under their scrutiny, Key watched on September 13 as the barrage of Fort McHenry began eight miles away.
"It seemed as though mother earth had opened and was vomiting shot and shell in a sheet of fire and brimstone," Key wrote later. But when darkness arrived, Key saw only red erupting in the night sky. Given the scale of the attack, he was certain the British would win. The hours passed slowly, but in the clearing smoke of "the dawn's early light" on September 14, he saw the American flag—not the British Union Jack—flying over the fort, announcing an American victory.

Key put his thoughts on paper while still on board the ship, setting his words to the tune of a popular English song. His brother-in-law, commander of a militia at Fort McHenry, read Key's work and had it distributed under the name "Defense of Fort McHenry." The Baltimore Patriot newspaper soon printed it, and within weeks, Key's poem, now called "The Star-Spangled Banner," appeared in print across the country, immortalizing his words—and forever naming the flag it celebrated.

Nearly two centuries later, the flag that inspired Key still survives, though fragile and worn by the years. To preserve this American icon, experts at the National Museum of American History recently completed an eight-year conservation treatment with funds from Polo Ralph Lauren, The Pew Charitable Trusts and the U.S. Congress. And when the museum reopens in summer 2008, the Star-Spangled Banner will be its centerpiece, displayed in its own state-of-the-art gallery.

"The Star-Spangled Banner is a symbol of American history that ranks with the Statue of Liberty and the Charters of Freedom," says Brent D. Glass, the museum's director. "The fact that it has been entrusted to the National Museum of American History is an honor."
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... 149220970/

To put it succinctly, Fort McHenry was well outgunned and stood little hope of surviving the British blitzkrieg to follow that night. Thus the words, "what we proudly hailed at the twilights last gleaming" comes to a new understanding as the fort did not expect to survive the night.

Yet by "the dawns early light", despite all realistic hope, the American flag was still intact and flying in the breeze.

Hoping we can still save America!

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That was a very impressive performance beautifully done.

I have not only always been an admirer of the American National Anthem but also the patriotism and respect for the flag shown by REAL Americans. Sadly in my own native country there is lack of patriotism and respect, how we managed to rid ourselves of the European Union I will never know. Perhaps there's still hope.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sadly I have family that scorns the flag.

Makes get-yogethers awkward to say the least.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

THAT VIDEO SHOULD BE SHOWN BEFORE EVERY SPORTING EVENT IN AMERICA, AND EACH DAY TO CONGRESS AND THE SENATE.......there is Hope for America Yet.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Thanks.
Click Click Boom
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:13 am I don't think many of us know the history of this anthem, and why the words were chosen. Its actually history is rather breath-taking...
Gee, I thought that special event in America's history WAS proudly taught in U.S. schools!

Oh wait...

I went to U.S. schools "in a very different country (and time)" than what we have today............. :?

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old No7 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:40 pm
CowboyTutt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:13 am I don't think many of us know the history of this anthem, and why the words were chosen. Its actually history is rather breath-taking...
Gee, I thought that special event in America's history WAS proudly taught in U.S. schools!

Oh wait...

I went to U.S. schools "in a very different country (and time)" than what we have today............. :?

Old No7
Me too.

Thanks for sharing Andy!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I'll ask my high school history teachers about how much they teach about the national anthem when I get back there, been at my elementary school all week. -Tutt

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

CowboyTutt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:07 pm I'll ask my high school history teachers about how much they teach about the national anthem when I get back there, been at my elementary school all week. -Tutt
Don't set yourself up to be "canceled", or worse. You might be called venal or immoral, ya know. You're in Kali.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Won't happen up there in Willits, we are pretty conservative thank God! -Tutt

Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

C.T---Have an Aunt and a cousin in Willits.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Rockrat wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:05 pm C.T---Have an Aunt and a cousin in Willits.
Feel free to hook me up with them. Not sure how long I will be up there before retiring early, but you can send them my info!!! PM sent!

-Tutt