Help Needed in Montana

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Help Needed in Montana

Post by Naphtali »

When Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD) forced my involuntary retirement, I decided I had no reason to upgrade my computer system — EVER. I've located the target pistol I've wanted for several years. But my 15-year-old Mac cannot do the job I need done. The old Macintosh, running OS X 10.4.11, no longer sees "Captcha" to verify I'm not a robot. I need the help of someone in central west Montana or in Helena to assist me to contact the seller for me to make the transaction contact. Once the seller has my name, telephone number and email address, the transaction becomes a walk in the park.

I live in Missoula County. In Montana, intrastate private sales are legal. That's my preference via Armslist.com.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Help Needed in Montana

Post by Blaine »

BTT
Good Luck
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

If you are the actual purchaser I don't see why someone anywhere couldn't make contact for you and provide your information to the seller. Of course now that Armslist requires a premium membership to make contact we would also need to have that. I, unfortunately don't.

Post by Ray Newman »

Blaine: BTT??

Explain please.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:20 pm B.T.T. = back to top.....
Yepper.....The other Ray is so old he thinks Internet had something to do with butterflies.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Blaine: yes, definitely old and with both feet in the grave. But no matter what, The Princess likes me more than you!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

Larkbill wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:19 pm If you are the actual purchaser I don't see why someone anywhere couldn't make contact for you and provide your information to the seller. Of course now that Armslist requires a premium membership to make contact we would also need to have that. I, unfortunately don't.
Right on the money. A double whammy. To upgrade my membership, Armslist requires me to have a cell phone. Cell phone is the only method by which Armslist furnishes a confirmation/activation code for that upgrade. I have no cell phone.

I put this "HELP" query on another site. Someone pointed out the obvious to everyone but me. The person doing me the favor need not be in Montana. Fuzzy thinking on my part.
For those who do not understand the problem, try it this way. You want to make a telephone call to Mr. Smith at Giant Octopus Business. Your telephone is a rotary dial. You make the call. The recipient's telephone software says: To reach Mr. Smith, please press "1 2 3 4."
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Just curious. I've done business with several individuals on Armslist clever enough to embed their phone # in the listing. Or is there some other clue that would enable you to bypass Armslist? Individual or store?

Post by Naphtali »

Larkbill wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:02 pm Just curious. I've done business with several individuals on Armslist clever enough to embed their phone # in the listing. Or is there some other clue that would enable you to bypass Armslist? Individual or store?
I wish he had done so. That would have made my request for a helping hand uneeded. The seller, unfortunately for me is relying on Armslist's software. Being a Luddite has its downside.