Uberti win 66 carbine in 22lr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Uberti win 66 carbine in 22lr

Post by barbarossa »

Just picked up this new Uberti 66 carbine last week and I like the improvements made from the early ones made years ago.The old ones had the cut out in the tube with the sliding cover ,brass barrel bands and a skeletonized hammer and had a cheapy quality look to them in my opinion.This is my third 22 1866,I had one of the older carbine versions and a newer made sporting rifle in 22mag that I loved but being in 22mag ammo was on the expensive side and a bit scarce where I live ,plus it was a beast to carry hunting so I sold it.The carbine I have now though still a tad heavy is a lot lighter than the sporting rifle version and will make a good fun gun for this years rabbit season
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Uberti win 66 carbine in 22lr

Post by gamekeeper »

I had one in .22 mag Carbine, it was heavy for its size but very accurate. My old eyes didn't like the sights and I let it go before I got to fit a tang sight. Another gun I wished I'd kept :roll:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I like that. Didn't the older ones have a side gate for loading the magazine?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks nice. If it gets you some Hausenpfeffer, then it will be just fine.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:39 am I like that. Didn't the older ones have a side gate for loading the magazine?
Yes they did but I like it with out the side gate as it has a nicer look.It means slower loading as you have to unscrew the mag tube and load but I think the traditional look is worth it