Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

We have a female German Shepherd and a female Lab/Shepherd. They are both great dogs. We also have a small female poodle. She's a royal PIA. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have known a few Lab/Shepherd crosses they were handsome looking dogs... 8) Poodle's brains are always in overdrive I find... :lol:

I'm off to see the dentist I'm going to ask for my money back, been waiting since October to lose my "banjo playing smile"... :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

This one is always squaling for attention. Drives me nuts.

Well, you could always take the money you save from the dentist and move to Cornville. It's pretty easy to get a dentist appointment in Cornville. You'd be the only one in town with any teeth to work on.
The dentist in Cornville usually stresses "gum care". :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I have a friend who moved from Colorado to Arkansas four years ago. She says it's easy to identify non-native people cuz they're the only ones who have teeth.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cornville here I come 💰 I got a full refund on what I had already paid $2040.11, BUT I still have my banjo playing smile... :oops: I think I'll take my scatter gun to the next dentist and let them know when I part with money I expect service not excuses :roll:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Arkansas must be like Cornville, but without the snow.

I bet if you brought your shotgun they'd be a lot more attentive. :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Be sure that if you take your shotgun, you keep it tied to yourself with a short lanyard. That way if you're distracted by all the pain meds and the constant bzzzzzing of the drill, the dentist doesn't try to wrestle it from you.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Walt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:40 am Be sure that if you take your shotgun, you keep it tied to yourself with a short lanyard. That way if you're distracted by all the pain meds and the constant bzzzzzing of the drill, the dentist doesn't try to wrestle it from you.
Don't worry Walt I always grab the dentist by a sensitive body part and say "we're not going to hurt each other are we"... :wink:
11139435_652743698190548_7078827000837826370_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

See gamekeeper......
It's a way of life and point of pride in these parts. :D
Probably from Cornville or West Athens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:o :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks like I may be joining the 2THLESS club......😱
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah that's a whole thing here. There's a FB page dedicated to it. A few years ago there was a court case where basically it was ruled as freedom of speech. Consequently, anything you can imagine.....anything, is on license plates here. This place is insane. :D
We are getting new plates soon and they are starting to crack down on it some now.
Think the FB page is "vanity of Maine".
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay. I had a look at the FB page .... Hilarious :lol:

Warm and sunny the last couple of days but rain showers forecast for tomorrow.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. This place is crazy. Give a hick an inch.......

Nice here today too. Cept I'm heading to work. Not a fan.
Looking like an early spring here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I ordered a log skidder attachment for my tractor last week. That came yesterday. Gonna keep it here cause I have to haul my tractor home to change all the oils and filters as soon as the snow melts enough so I can get it out. I'll put it on then.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

In my time I have worked a few weekend night shifts, all I can say is it was nice and quiet compared to the rest of the week. :)

I'm still thinking about what to do with my refunded dental money, should I find a more reliable dentist or buy another barking stick of thunder.... :?
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

The new gun will make you happier, longer.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've worked nights for 36 years. Weekend nights for 13. It's just best for all concerned.

Well, you could always whittle some false teeth out of wood like George Washington. Then have gun money.

I worked with a guy in the tool grinding room back in the day that ground a couple "teeth" for himself out of PVC and stuck em in the holes. That's no lie. Haha unfriggenbelievable!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thought for today:

Why is it that gun magazines always state, when discussing a cleaning procedure, “just get an OLD toothbrush and scrub away..why does it have to be an old toothbrush? What, people can afford a new Dollar Store toothbrush to clean their guns?

Besides, in Cornville there’s probably not a new tooth brush and if there is, it’s most likely from 1957 still in the original packaging.

You see that picture from GK and the assistant with the giant whoppers? For real, back in my earlier days I had a hygienist stab me on my neck and ear, back and forth.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I know there is one toothbrush in Athens. It's at the gas pumps at the Athens Corner Store. It's right beside the squeegee in a little rack. I guess if someone stops and HAS a tooth, and feels like brushing it, they can.
I looked at it last fall. The squeegee was pretty worn, but the toothbrush looked new. Guess there's more windshields in Athens than teeth.

My hygienist doesn't have big cans, but she's pretty hot. A tight little unit for sure.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

And no one has stolen it?!…..my guess there’s a chain attached to it…..

I remember many years ago I was over my dads and he had a bucket full of those gas station squeegees. I asked him where he got them all as there must have been two dozen of them. He told me he was mad about the rising gas prices so every time he got gas he stole the squeegee.

My dad was definitely a kleptomaniac……..he had a big box full of milling machine bits….all kinds of NIB dovetail cutters, special bits of all kinds….but he had no milling machine. He’d steal all kinds of stuff from the plant and had no use for any of it. I told him, “why, when you have no use for them?”. His answer was, “someday I’m gonna round them all up and take them to Cornville to cash out.

He’d steal stuff right off the production line…..one minute it was being used and the next it was in his truck and the workers would say, “it was just here a minute ago”. That’s for real. He had a dozen industrial electric chain hoists that cost the plant over a grand each and he would sell them for $75.

More rain….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I wondered about that too....
All I could figure was most if the locals didn't know what it was. And the people that did, didn't dare to use it.

Yeah, I've seen some guys steal some wicked stuff. Not me.
The heyday was back in the 70s in the paper mills. My mom's uncle was a WW2 vet. He worked in the Scott mill down to Westbrook. It was mind-boggling the stuff he hauled out of there. He said he knew guys that built most of a house from the place. It was crazy.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I have a ferocious guilty conscience....can't do that.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Walt wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:00 am I have a ferocious guilty conscience....can't do that.
Haha yeah I get it. I'm like that too. I like to be free to say what I think and stand by it.
Stealing is like welfare. It gets easier to accept over time. Then after a while, people think it's something that's owed to them. People's capacity for self delusion is incredible. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yup, I've been sorely tempted a few times but I believe karma would only get in the end... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:18 pm Yup, I've been sorely tempted a few times but I believe karma would only get in the end... :?
Considering you worked for Westley Richard's, you are a rock of self control old buddy. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:43 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:18 pm Yup, I've been sorely tempted a few times but I believe karma would only get in the end... :?
Considering you worked for Westley Richard's, you are a rock of self control old buddy. :D
Yes I once had to register boxes of ex police Webley revolvers and they said they didn't know how many were in the boxes, plus the attic was full of firearms covered in cobwebs amongst which I found a double .557 rifle that had been sawn off I asked the boss if I could resleeve it to 20 gauge but he told me to destroy it and put in the scrap bin I hated to do it and often think "perhaps what if I just did it on the quiet" but no I feared the consequences if found out... :oops: we were allowed free 12 gauge cartridges as we made our own brand at the time.
IMG_20200418_220532.jpg
The only one I have left Westley Richards game load.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Guilt” is a man made emotion designed to keep the moral people in line.

On stealing at work, my motivation NOT to steal was financial and not an example of “doing the right thing”. I was not going to give up an easy job so close to home for a $20 item I could easily afford….Corporations steal from the working man on a continual basis. It’s always poor mouthing from them but in reality it’s because the wealthy stock owners want more and more returns on their investment. I can see a “return” as we all have money invested one way or another in the stock market………..(pretending on the numbers)……when 5% kept the investors happy for 50 years they decided on wanting 10% would enable them to buy a new Corvette for Susie and a Yacht for themselves………

I’ve lived it long enough to see the truth……the gap between the rich and poor has grown to out of control standards. I’m no Communist but I will say the very rich look at the working man as garbage. While I liked Ronald Reagan he was the beginning of the downfall of the middle class.

I have no idea how the common working man can afford to feed his family. Yesterday mom tells me she is going to Costco to pick up a few things……..2 banana boxes, without major proteins came to $290.

Meanwhile, our Shih Tzu Miss Asia LOVES corn on the cob……she will take a full ear and clean it down better than a person.—006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha! A corndog! You need to bring her to Cornville. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You have some pretty good comebacks…..corn dog………no! Can’t take her to Cornville ….they might take her teeth as I hear they are in demand.

Craaaazzzyyyy wind today………

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We got some snow. Then turned to rain and made a mess. Roads were crappy coming home. Plus the time change killed me. Lost an hours sleep.
Good times.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea….I changed the clocks about 6 pm yesterday….didn't even notice the difference today after my 9.5 hours.

We got snow today too…..just lots of flurries @ 40 degrees. Wind was crazy today 40-50 mph gusts which were near sustained. Like the last couple of days, I only went out to please Miss Apple.

Just for the heck of it we are watching the Oscars…….never did before……….its entertainment watching these purple haired queers…..we’re having lots of fun laughing at them……some of these women are so ugly you’d need a burlap sack over their heads and while these ugly women are on stage talking everyone in the audience is gushing…”oooooo, so well done!” They wouldn’t last 5 minutes in the real world and less than 5 minutes in West Athens…

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha I've never watched that either. Yeah, West Athens....
They'd just love those folks up there. Shore gut a purty mouth.......! :shock:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I haver never watched any of those Oscar shows either but on your recommendation Six I'll give it a go…. :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Big day. Went and got dad and too a ride down to Harbor Freight. That's the thing living here. It's a half hour ride even to get to a cheap Chinese tool place.
I bought a chain breaker for motorcycle chain. That was 15 bucks. We got a load binder to use on the cable over the road at camp. Dad's buddy isn't strong enough to unhitch it now. The binder will put slack in it first if it works. He uses the road once in a while cause he has property on the other side.
Then we went over to the trailer place and got some new weather stripping for the snowmobile trailer. Guess 20 years is as long as it lasts.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good to hear you're keeping busy Jay, nothing much happening here but my son called and said he was looking at a couple of cottages on a big sporting estate up north so I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I'm fed up with this anti gun anti hunting abode I have been stuck in all last year.

Temperature around 55f today but grey skies.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just got back home from camp. Beautiful day up there today. Pretty warm. Still riding the sled in but today will probably be about the end of it if it stays warm for the next week. Couple thin spots but otherwise still plenty of snow. Four miles down the road there's none.

That would be a sweet gig if your boy can get that buddy. I'll keep my fingers crossed and have the wife send Juju.

Days like this make me itch to get the Jeeps and bikes out. Still be a little bit though.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Jay I spoke to my son again tonight and he seems hopeful that things may work out ok, he was even told to get deer caliber rifle as he sold all his guns when he was hoping to move to NZ permanently.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

My wife and I are heading out to Oklahoma City first thing tomorrow morning to visit our daughter, her husband and their 2 year old daughter. I asked her to make up a list of projects she wants me to do while we're there so I can avoid sitting in front of the TV and she did that. Then on Sunday we'll drive down to the Ft Worth area to visit our son, his wife and their new baby. There's a "major winter storm'" coming into NM tomorrow so hopefully we'll get out on the road before it hits. We will be back home in a week.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Have a safe trip and have fun.... :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Thanks, GK!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Safe travels Walt. Have a good visit.

Sounds good GK! Hopefully you'll be back in high cotton soon!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, are you looking to move to NZ?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:50 am Gk, are you looking to move to NZ?
No, my son and his wife have returned from NZ so I'm hoping to move to where they are now in Northumberland. If I was going to move that far I would have gone to Mexico and crossed the border into the US for all the freebies and a chance to vote...... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha priceless!

Oh, Friday again. I don't remember so many Fridays coming around before I went on the weekend shift. :D

My new Dale Fricke appendix holster for a 1911 Commander came yesterday. They are a semi custom job, and pricey, but they work great. I wouldn't have known, but my son gave me one for my Glock 19 several years ago when I stopped carrying small guns. It's enough to get used to carrying appendix without having a crappy holster.
Anyway.....it works good but I figured it would be nice to have one for the 9mm LW Commander. It's lighter and slimmer than the Glock. Think it's gonna work pretty well.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, guess I haven’t followed closely enough. Why did they go and why are they back?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS they were hoping to emigrate to NZ but it didn't work out so have returned home.
FB_IMG_1686642300233.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good looking pair. Bet you are happy to have them back.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Bet you're glad to have em back GK. I know I would be. Sometimes it sucks having my boy and 3 of my grandkids in Alaska.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:15 pm Bet you're glad to have em back GK. I know I would be. Sometimes it sucks having my boy and 3 of my grandkids in Alaska.
Yes I sure do but at the same time sad that their plans for a new life in NZ didn't work out.
Hopefully if he takes this new job in Northumberland things will look up for both of us, it's a beautiful part of England right on the Scottish border.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah I get it. We tell my son all the time....
We'd love to have em all home, but we want them to be where they are happy. We'll, hopefully it will work out buddy. I know you've been less than happy where you are. Sounds like a big improvement.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Jay, here's a view of Hadrian's wall built by the Romans to keep the Scots out..
rf_northumberland_hadrianswall_02_2021_XL.jpg